cant remove items from cart

When i add multiple items to the cart then try to remove the items nothing happens.
Its strange because it removes the items sometimes depending on which item you try to remove.

Try it for yourself here

http://www.ybrmarket.com.au/

Is this a bug in marketpress that needs to be fixed asap?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi dfstorm,

I do see the strange cart behavior there, which is odd as I haven't heard any complaints to that effect as yet. Specifically, I added the following to the cart at which point I couldn't seem to remove some of them:
    http://www.ybrmarket.com.au/babylola/store/products/baby-lola-crinkle-crackle-tag-blanket-free-loop/
    http://www.ybrmarket.com.au/bundlesoflove/store/products/christmas-bundle-pay-64-for-approx-135-value/
    http://www.ybrmarket.com.au/anoudesign/store/products/anou-design-blue-owl-canvas-20/

To try and get this narrowed down a bit, could you possibly try switching to Twenty Eleven theme momentarily to see how it works with that?

Also, I did notice that with the items that wouldn't remove with the Remove option, setting the amount to 0 did remove them.

I'm gonna tag a few of the guys over here as well to see if they can spote something I'm missing.

Thanks,
    David

• dfstorm
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

yeah its my theme (gridmarket). As it all works fine with a standard installation of marketpress and framemarket.

i just updated framemarket and marketpress too. It did not fix the problem.
    What files in my gridmarket theme should i be looking at? What files could be failing the process?

Im a bit lost here and would appreciate some troubleshooting tips on the one.

• dfstorm

like if you add some products from http://www.ybrmarket.com.au/thelittlehumbugs/
    and then delete them.. it works.

I just got this error too (see screenshot) as the result of trying to add products from two different stores.
    Id only added two products in total.

ill get that login to you.

i have not modified anything in grid market except for the page template. The modifications are jsut some conditional statements

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi dfstorm,

You can potentially change the maximum number of stores for the global cart on line 34 of marketpress\marketpress-includes\plugins-gateway\paypal-express.php:
    var $max_stores = 10;

However, the higher that number gets, the more resource heavy it potentially gets with the checkout process.

That said, the developers are looking into this issue with the cart and one of them noticed it seems to involve products with variations.

-David

• dfstorm

Ok please let me know ASAP about the product variation issue stuff. Complaints are coming in daily about this.

When people checkout with 15 products from 15 stores that becomes a problem for paypal right?
    What about when people checkout from 15 products from the one store is that still a problem for paypal?

• dfstorm

sorry let me write that in a way that makes sense,

When people checkout with X amount of products from 15 different stores that becomes a problem for paypal right?

What about when people checkout 15 products all from the same store in the one checkout is that a problem for paypal?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

When people checkout with X amount of products from 15 different stores that becomes a problem for paypal right?

That's right, yes

What about when people checkout 15 products all from the same store in the one checkout is that a problem for paypal?

No, that should be fine.

Thanks

• Aaron
    • CTO

Yes, i'm working on the global cart clearing issue.

As far as the limit to stores per checkout, that is a limitation with PayPal APIs. If you are using the same paypal account for each store though, technically that limit wouldn't apply as orders could be combined, but MarketPress is not coded for this kind of use, though it works in a limited fashion. The MarketPress global carts was designed with the assumption that each store is a different business and PayPal account.

• dfstorm

Aaron, the updated plugin did not work.

I have one paypal account and lots of stores.
    This is where i have stuffed up.

What do you mean it works in a limited fashion?
    Can you give me some more details?

With a recent purchase a customer only purchased half the goods she expected she was buying.
    Is this related to the single paypal account stuff up?

• dfstorm

I havent recieved that error for about 15 minutes and i have been wizzing around the site popping items in the cart from all over the site, checking out from different places too. Its strange how inconsistent the error is.

• Aaron
    • CTO

I'm really not sure what's going on there for you. I fixed the remove item bug in 2.4.1.

I'm guessing it all relates to how you are attempting to do a global/parallel checkout all with the same buyer, which MarketPress is not designed for. You really should be keeping all your products within a single site, you can still segment them with categories, tags, and even custom template files.

• dfstorm

That would take away the ability for users to upload there own products and manage there own orders.
    I always needed the users to have there own wordpress admin, there own site, that they didn't have to brand.

It sounds a lot like you are saying I should take away the multisite aspect. Multisite compatibility is the only reason i purchased marketpress.

Its not an option! Too much work too many unpaid hours, too much frustration has gone into this.
    We are going to find a solution.

So what if i got all the users of all the sites to change to their own paypal email address?

will that fix the errors? Or are you unsure?

• Aaron
    • CTO

It sounds a lot like you are saying I should take away the multisite aspect. Multisite compatibility is the only reason i purchased marketpress.

It's designed for multisite, but with each persons store tied to their own paypal account. Most people would use the chained gateway so they could collect a fee of every order. A number of people though wanted to be able to check out from multiple stores in one transaction, so I built in Parallel payments support, which is what you are using. Parallel payments are not designed though to go to the same PayPal account. I'm really not understanding why you would want to do this? How are you going to distribute the money to store owners?

So what if i got all the users of all the sites to change to their own paypal email address?
    will that fix the errors? Or are you unsure?

This specific error PayPal is giving I'm not sure where it's coming from. The first seems like there is an empty cart in there somehow. Can you try clearing your cart cookie?

The second I have no idea what it means. It may be just tied to the first, or perhaps it's tied to something specific to that item or store. Maybe tied to the length of the product and/or store name? Maybe try adjusting those to see if you can narrow it down.

• dfstorm

i just shortened the crazy long title of the sumasky product that had previously failed. And it worked.
    I'm gonna try it with a few other products.

This is exactly the type of thing that would cause such sporadic errors

• dfstorm

Solved. Short product names. no dollar signs in the product title.

Your've done it again Aaron.

Sorry mate. My client runs this site. I should've noticed she was putting really long product names and dollar signs in the titles.

• harryhayes
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I just wanted to add - What dfstorm is trying to do is exactly what I have been trying to achieve for the last two weeks.

Namely,

A single store and basket from the shoppers perspective but with multiple store owners in charge of their own products and a single checkout to one paypal address.

I would love to see this as an integral function of Marketpress.

Nick

• dfstorm

The title length is not a problem. Neither is dollar signs in the title. (i was incorrect with my previous statement about this)
    Cookies is definatley a problem, the site will work great if all the cookies have been cleared.
    If your using the site and cookies have not been cleared you will surely encounter...
    "cant connect to paypal the amount to be charged is zero"

also worth noting is that the screen which appears before the error screen appears is this one.

the above screen is odd because it does nothing.
    there is no products, no forms, nothing. this relates to what paypal is saying about "the amount to be charged is zero". It has nothing to checkout.

So Aaron i would not worry about the length of the titles. Its all about the cookies.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya dfstorm,

I have been working on recreating this issue for awhile now on a couple test sites and am not yet able to replicate this behavior.

Do you have any further insights as to the behavior that leads to this? I've created a single site install, using paypal as a gateway.

Would you be willing to send me some admin credentials so that I can verify your setup and make sure I'm matching it? If so, shoot an email to my (mason's) attention in the subject. Provide admin credentials, a link to the site, and also a link to this thread for reference. Use the contact form here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Hoepfully, I can track down what the difference is between your sites and mine and we can get this sorted for ya.

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over our email. I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.