Can't remove website from the hub

I have removed this website from my hub at least a dozen times. It disappears for a while, but then it pops back up.

I just logged into its wordpress dashboard to make sure that there are no traces of WPMUDEV or any of its plugins. And I can confirm that. Why does this website keep appearing in my dashboard, and can you delete it for good?

Thanks,

Dubie

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Dubie,

I just logged into its wordpress dashboard to make sure that there are no traces of WPMUDEV or any of its plugins. And I can confirm that. Why does this website keep appearing in my dashboard, and can you delete it for good?

That’s odd behaviour, the only reason such an issue could occur, is if you have WPMU DEV Dashboard activated, and logged in.

Deleting the plugin should ensure that the website is no longer listed in Hub. I suppose you meant about the teoxxxx.com website? If yes, I could still notice you have WPMU DEV Dashboard active in there, could you please double check regarding this?

If that isn’t the case, and if you still have the same issue, then please share your websites credentials, so that we could give a closer look.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

– To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Dubie
    • Free Atom

Hi Nithin,

I can confirm once again that neither WPMUDEV dashboard nor any of its plugins are installed on the teoxxxx.com website.

I only ever used one username to login to the website, so it cannot be the issue of logging in with different accounts.

I repeat: I cannot see WPMUDEV or any plugin on the website. But I can see the website listed in my hub. Please see the screenshots below to understand better what happens.

Every time I try to remove the website from the hub, this is the notification I get:

After I click on "remove this site from the list anyway", it is removed – for a while. Sometimes it's for a few weeks, sometimes 2 or 3 months, but eventually it comes back up.

This time I wanted to investigate a bit further, so I opened the plugins icon next to teoxxxx.com in the hub, and then tried to click on the settings icon next to the WPMU DEV Dashboard, but nothing happened. Then I noticed the light color of the settings icon next to it indicating that it's not functional. I tried to deactivate one by one all WPMUDEV plugins, but was not able to do that either. See the screenshot below to see both issues.

This website belongs to my ex-client. At the time there were big issues with DefenderPro and/or Hummingbird. I am honestly not sure what happened, but it seemed that after I installed WP MUDEV it busted their website code, and they were really pissed off with me. Their development team gave me hell and insisted I remove the plugins immediately. I lost client's trust and not long afterwards I was told my services were no longer needed. I don't mean to assign any blame here, I'm just telling you what happened and how it affected me professionally.

Yesterday was the first time I tried to login to their wordpress dashboard, as I wanted to check if WP MUDEV was installed there or not. I was surprised to see that I still had access to the website. They must have forgotten to remove me. But since they can (and do) track all user logs, you can understand my reluctance in giving you access to this website.

Last but not least, I've had this problem before with another ex-client's website: m2minxxxxx.com. Not sure if it is solved or if it will pop up back again into my dashboard. I've had to remove it at least 5 times last year.

Note that the 301 Warning (first screenshot) appears EVERY TIME I try to remove a site.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Dubie

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Dubie,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I checked the WPMU DEV Hub regarding the mentioned website, and I could notice the website is no longer listed in the Hub anymore.

Was this resolved? This is an odd behaviour that you have noticed. However, in such use case, the extreme workaround would be to reset the WPMU DEV Key,

What the above step would do is make sure to unlist any unregistered website, however, the above step would log all websites out from the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, and you’ll have to manually sign in to the website which needs to be connected to the Hub.

If you still notice the same issue, I’m afraid, the above step would be the way. Please do let us know if you have any further query. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

• Dubie
    • Free Atom

Thanks, Nithin.

Can you just confirm that once the WPMU DEV Key has been reset, and I manually login to the websites, I won’t have to reinstall the plugins previously used and/or once again adjust the settings for them?

Regards,

Dubie

• Ash
      • WordPress Hacker

Hello Dubie

Right, you don’t have re-install the previously installed plugins, those will remain as it is. You just have to login via WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin to connect the site with hub. Everything else on your site will keep working.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Dubie
    • Free Atom

I am re-opening this ticket because the problem has returned. I again see the website mentioned above in my hub.

I would like to try the proposed solution: to reset the WPMU DEV Key and then manually connect my websites to the Hub. However, I am afraid of this resulting in new issues. I am a bit traumatized… Every time I try to solve one problem, I seem to create three new ones with my intended solution.

Can you just confirm once again that once I reset the WP MUDEV Api Key, and add back the websites to the hub, I won't have to re-install the previously installed plugins, nor adjust their settings from the beginning?

Thanks,

Dubie

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Dubie,

Can you just confirm once again that once I reset the WP MUDEV Api Key, and add back the websites to the hub, I won’t have to re-install the previously installed plugins, nor adjust their settings from the beginning?

Sorry to hear about that. It’s odd that the website got listed again, since you have confirmed there isn’t any WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed. Most probably the API Key would have been defined inside the wp-config.php of the website, which might have caused this.

It would be better to reset the API key. You don’t have to re-install or adjust the settings etc after key reset. The only task you’ll have to do after API reset is to re-login to WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin for each website so that it would get listed in the Hub again.

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.