Can't restore my site after it got infected

My site code*****on.com got infected. I’m unable to restore a backup. Please help me to cleanup my site.

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Ari

Hope you are doing good today.

This task has been flagged for our Hosting Team so that they can restore site for you. We will post an update here as soon as more information is available.

Please keep in mind that our Team deals with more complicated issues, so it may take a little longer for them to reply here. Thank you for your patience while we look into this further.

Kind Regards,

Kris

• Ari
    • New Recruit

Also, I have just run the defender scan without any change on my behalf. I did it immediately after my site was restarted by your dev. So either it was re-infected immediately, or it was not really cleaned.

(please note my other response above. thanks.)

Please help as I see no more how I can continue using your service, that was great up until now.

Thanks.

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Ari

Our developers once again clear site and run Defender, scan which show that the is no suspicious code in you php files. Please note Defender can scan only php files.

https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/https/codereligion.com

Sucuri scan also show site is not free from any malware.

Your wp-config was including an .ico file from /cache folder. We removed the line from file and removed /cache folder. We also update fresh WordPress core files.

At this point we recommend:

1. reset passwords for: wp and ftp

2. scan your pc looking for any malware/virus

3. hire a developer which will review your plugins and theme (compare with wp repository does any of those is outdated like 2-5 years, there could be possible backdoors or old functions which could expose site for attacks)

Kind Regards,

Kris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.