Cant restore site with snapshot installer

Hi,

I have a problem with restoring my multisite with snapshot installer.

It start restoring the site, with copying files, but when restore database it fails.
I get this error:

I have try with my two latest backups from The Hub and both of them gives me this error.

Any idea why this happens?

Best regards,

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mikkel,

Did you choose to overwrite an existing DB? It looks like it wasn't able to overwrite everything so it's found duplicates. Can you create a new database and then update the Configuration step with the new DB credentials then proceed with the restore, then it should work without any problems

If you're not sure how to create a new DB then no worries, you should be able to from your cPanel quite easily. Look for this option:

Follow the setup wizard, there should only be about 3 steps to it and make sure to note the db name, username, and password you use as that will be required for the Snapshot restore Step 2. The mySQL wizard will also ask you to apply privileges to the new DB user, apply ALL.

Hope that helps. If you still get the same error after that then let us know and we can investigate further

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mikkel,

We don't have access to them from our end, that's how secure they are hopefully in the future staff will have that ability.

I could ask our system admin but being that it's the weekend it might be faster if you upload the Snapshot to dropbox or similar service and provide a download link? Or for a more secure option you could upload it to your own server and then send the FTP credentials over for us to download it. Would either of those options be possible?

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -FTP Host
    -FTP Username
    -FTP Password
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Look forward to hearing back.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mikkel,

Sorry for such an extreme delay here! I heard back from our developer and there is a couple DB entries that seem to be colliding:

INSERT INTO "wp2_icl_string_urls" VALUES ('1', 'da', '');

and then

INSERT INTO "wp2_icl_string_urls" VALUES ('41', 'da', '');

They have different ID's but the DB table has an additional constraint in it's definition:

UNIQUE KEY 'string_string_lang_url' ('language','url'(191))

That is where it all goes wrong because the language and urel for those 2 rows are the same.
        Removing that constraint from the packaged SQL and re-packing it should be enough to resolve the conflict.

This doesn't look like it was caused by the exporting code but our developer is double checking it just to make sure

I'm assuming you have probably moved on way past this by now, sorry again for the delay. If you need any further assistance with it just let us know.

Cheers,
        Tyler