Cant RSVP for Events since upgrade to V1.7.4

I upgraded Events to version V1.7.4 today. Since then I have two issues. The first issue is that users are unable to RSVP to any event, old or new. A message comes up that the event capacity has been reached. The other issue is that once an event is created, it cannot be modified. The Update button is greyed out and will not activate no matter what change I make to the event.

• Phil
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Tyler,
    I disabled all plugins with the exception of Membership, Events+, and the WPMUDEV dashboard and the problem still exits. I also changed to the 2014 theme with the same results. It does not appear to be a theme or plugin conflict. Where do we go from here?

• Phil

Update:

by disabling limited capacity events, this problem goes away. The issue must have something to do with the integration of that part of the plugin. I will need to have limited capacity events, so any help with this would be great.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Phil,

Another interesting note, now when a user goes to the subscriptions page in membership and clicks a button to subscribe, the page just reloads and the user is not allowed to subscribe.

Membership is not designed to be network activated. Can you try "network deactivating" it from your network admin plugins menu and then re-activating it site by site (providing you want it on all sites).

by disabling limited capacity events, this problem goes away. The issue must have something to do with the integration of that part of the plugin. I will need to have limited capacity events, so any help with this would be great.

I don't see any events created on any of your sites. Can you do the 4 step "Getting Started" process for events. Via Events+ > Getting Started. It begins with configuring your settings.

Let me know how everything is after that :slight_smile: We'll go from there.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Phil,

I'm terribly sorry for the delay on this post! I've been sick for a few days which caused extra load on the rest of the team and some issues (like this one) experienced a delay...
    As a result, the access you had previously granted us has expired, we didn't make it in time. Could you please re-grant us access to your dashboard?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Phil,

Thanks for your patience here and also for re-granting access for us.

The other issue is that once an event is created, it cannot be modified. The Update button is greyed out and will not activate no matter what change I make to the event.

This is a small bug in the plugin, if you edit an event then you have to re-select the end date, even though it shows it as saved from before. For example, if your event ends June 15th, then when you edit it you have to re-select June 15th and the Update button will become active again.

Events+ won't let you post/update an event unless dates are selected and for one reason or another the plugin thinks that the date isn't selected when you go to edit it. The developer will be made aware of this :slight_smile:

The first issue is that users are unable to RSVP to any event, old or new. A message comes up that the event capacity has been reached.

Does it say that you reached capacity for ALL events or for only events that you have published then went back in and changed the date of?

I have been able to replicate the reached capacity error, but only when I change the date of an already existing event. New events work as they should.

Let me know then we can keep working towards a solution on this :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Phil

Hey Tyler,

The issue with using limited capacity happens for every event that I create. New, or modified. If limited capacity events is activated, no user can rsvp for any event at all. I have deactivated this again as I do need folks to be able to rsvp.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Phil,

Hope you don't mind, I created a quick event on your site and tested it (I've since deleted it). When the limit capacity was set to "unlimited" it was telling me that the event had reached capacity; however, when I set it to an actual limit of tickets then it worked fine.

I left the limit capacity add-on active. So, if you go in and create a new event and set the capacity limit to something like "20" then you should see that it works as expected. If you want to allow unlimited number of tickets for some events then make the number really high - I will notify the developer about the potential bug.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.