Can't save changes "there has been an error"

Hi there,

I am just using upfront again after a few months without using it and when I try to save it says "there has been an error saving your changes" .. I tried multiple times.. and sure enough if I exit I lost all I did... I just updated today to the latest version.

I tried to reset the Upfront Cache, increase the memory limit and deleted elements all with no luck.

In case it matters, I am on a mulit-site and (www.onenesscom.com) I did clone that site (senegal-treasures) with your cloner from another sub-site (worldpreaceproject-spirit) and deleted all the uploaded pictures (to save room on the server... :wink: )

Edit 1: I doubled check another upfront site and it worked fine to edit and change, it was a very small site with pretty much nothing on it (template). I tried the same thing with the site I cloned it from and similarly I get the "there has been an error saving your changes" .. so it might be memory/content related but I did already increase the memory limit as suggested in another post with
@ini_set( 'post_max_size', '512M');
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
should I put even more?

Edit 2 : I tried define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M'); but still no luck

Any idea other suggestions? (I granted access)
Thanks a lot,
Cheers,
Eve-Marie

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Eve-Marie, hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks for trying by increasing memory but sorry to hear that it didn't work. It might happen for some conflict or network error or lots of other reasons and your browser console should reflect that. Can you please check your browser console and let us know if you find any specific error there?

Actually, I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Eve-Marie
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

HI Ropok,

I had "wave-line" pngs missing (thet used to be there in uf-spirit in the eralier versions but are not anymore) I added the ones I had to the correct folders and now the only 2 errors I see (and it is till not saving) are
    1. [Error] Blocked a frame with origin "https://platform.linkedin.com" from accessing a frame with origin "http://www.onenesscom.com". The frame requesting access has a protocol of "https", the frame being accessed has a protocol of "http". Protocols must match.

I tried to remove the linked in "box" but since I can't save, I still see this error...
    [Error] NotFoundError: DOM Exception 8: An attempt was made to reference a Node in a context where it does not exist.
    appendChild (jquery.js:4:19951)
    buildFragment (jquery.js:4:19951)
    domManip (jquery.js:4:22720)
    after (jquery.js:4:21081)
    destroy (main.js:83:26287)
    (anonymous function)
    stop (main.js:89:26535)
    (anonymous function) (main.js:99:9634)
    dispatch (jquery.js:4:8555)
    handle (jquery.js:4:5258)

since it was talking about "destroy" I thought, let me try to just add text, after exiting and relaunching upfront.. I do not got the second error then, just the first one, and I still can't save... but if it is coming from the linked in piece, how do I remove it if I can't remove via upfront? I am guessing the DB but I'll wait for your recommendation for that... :wink:

Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Eve-Marie

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Eve-Marie

I have got a note from the developer. Would you please enable debug mode and check if any error is shown in that page?

To enable debug mode please edit a line in your wp-config.php:
    Change

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Now try to save again. This will create a file called debug.log in wp-content folder. Please check that file and let us know if any error is shown in there. Also, please keep the support access active.

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Eve-Marie

Thanks Ash!
    So I actually already had that in my wp-config.php. So I looked at the log and first I saw some complaints about the utube channel plugin so I deactivated it and tried again, but I am still having the same issue...
    the entry that got added to the log when I tried changing some text/saving again are:

[15-Jul-2016 14:49:33 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: menu_alignment in /home/onenessc/public_html/wp-content/themes/upfro
    nt/elements/upfront-newnavigation/lib/unewnavigation.php on line 39
    [15-Jul-2016 14:49:33 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: menu_alignment in /home/onenessc/public_html/wp-content/themes/upfro

Thanks,
    Have a blessed day,
    Cheers,
    Eve-Marie

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Eve-Marie,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

There is a new version of Upfront available, could you please upgrade the Upfront to latest version ie v1.3.3, and check whether it makes any difference. The latest version has many fixes, we would like to test your website with v1.3.3. You can see the upgrade notice under WPMU DEV > Themes

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Eve-Marie,

Could you please try increasing your memory limit? The value set for post_max_size should be lesser than the memory_limit, which is not the case in your system. And upload_max_filesize should be lesser than post_max_size. Please increase your memory limit, and check whether it makes any difference.

Could you please add the following code in your wp-config.php file, you can find the file located in your root directory:
    define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');

Please try defining these, so that your website makes use of the available PHP memory:

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M' );
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M' );

Here 1024, would be the memory your website would utilize. The values is just an example, please add it according to your server resources.

Please make sure to add the code above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Eve-Marie

Hi Nithin,

I am doing well thanks, I hope you are as well...
    So I already had:
    define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');

I had tried following another suggestion
    @ini_set( 'post_max_size', '512M');
    but that doesn't seem to change anything... as in the WPMU system info it is still 2000 ...
    I also tried to define it the same way we do MEMORY_LIMIT but no luck either... so I set memory_limit and max_memory_limit to 2048 so it was higher than post_size .... but I still can't save...
    (if I type "ulimit" on my server it says "unlimited" so I think I am good as far as the server ressources go... right? :wink:)

I granted access again,
    Thanks,
    Many Blessings,
    Eve-Marie

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Eve-Marie,

Sorry to keep the thread long, could you please send us your credentials, so that we could give a closer look.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic.

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username(master, and subsite)
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password) (master, and subsite)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Eve-Marie

hi Nithin,

I am sorry but I don't feel very comfortable sharing all this logging info ... I used those passwords elsewhere... And that's a good practice not to share login/password... Besides all the passwords are saved in my computer at this point it would take me some time to uncover that...
    Isn't there any other way?

Thanks
    Eve-Marie

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Eve-Marie,

You can create separate accounts for Nithin and after he will check and test what is wrong (or ask developer to check that) you can remove those accounts. Separate accounts that will have random passwords so they will be not related to any of your existing passwords.
    For FTP you can create separate account in you cPanel.
    Sometimes we need those access to test and if possible fix things on our members sites. With only support access it is not possible.

Let me know what do you think.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Eve-Marie

Hi Kasia,

Yes that sounds good! I actually thought about creating special WPMUDEV ones after the fact too but haven't had a chance to get around to it yet.. I am hoping before the day is over.. :wink:

Thanks,
      Take care,
      Eve-Marie

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Eve-Marie,

I tried to login using your FTP credentials, and I'm getting this error response:
    Response: 421 Home directory not available - aborting

It seems like either you have configured to a directory which doesn't exist, or you have pointed to a wrong directory path. Could you please check these, and confirm this. I'm afraid, we have dynamic IPs, so I'm not sure that would help much if we shared our IP's, please let us know if you still need these from us.

You can check this link to know more about this error: https://www.siteground.com/kb/how_to_fix_421_home_directory_not_available_aborting_error/

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.