Can't "Save" Newly Selected Image in v2

Hi,

Just updated from 1.1.3 to 2 and could not save a newly selected image in the new UI. There doesn't appear to be any sort of "save" button in the new UI. I have a attached a screenshot of what I saw, but have reverted back to 1.1.3 for now, since that works without issue.

Thanks

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @Rone

Yep, that is confirmed.

I just installed version 2.0 of Login Image on a test site, and the Save Changes button is nowhere in sight.

I'll alert the plugin developer right away. Thanks for the heads-up!

However, the same plugin is included as a module in Ultimate Branding, and it works just fine in the latest update.

• Rone
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Patrick.

That's great to know about the Ultimate Branding option. I think I'll stick with the tried and true 1.1.3 for now as Ultimate Branding does a little more than I need currently.

I look forward to the fix in the next version. :slight_smile:

• Rone

Yep. Latest version does the trick and I can see and effectively use the "save changes" button.

One other question, where do you set the "title" and "alt" attributes for the login image that is uploaded?

Right now, my image has some old alt/title text and for the life of me I can't figure out where its pulling from. The image is pulling fro my media library.

If I need to open a new thread for that I can.

Thanks for the quick fix on the save button.

• Marko Miljus
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @Rone,

thanks for the points!
    This line in plugin is responsible for the title / alt:

add_filter('login_headerurl', array(&$this, 'home_url'));

But you can easily replace it by putting this line into your functions.php of theme or in a plugin etc.:

add_filter('login_headerurl', 'My special title');

Let me know does it work for you.

Cheers!
    Marko

• Rone

Hi Marko,

Tried adding that line to my functions.php plugin and got the following warning with no update to the login images "title" property:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'My Special Title' not found or invalid function name in /home/redacted/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 199

Let me know if I missed a step on need to tweak further.

PS - I'd like to be able to alter both the "title" and "alt" attributes of the login image, just in case this solution only addresses one but not the other. Thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.