Can't schedule uploaded file for publlcation. Theme: Experon.

I think I successfully uploaded a PDF file to the backend of my website, rhtpoetry.com. But when I try to add it to my posts and schedule it for later publication, I get a message that says the file is in the trash and can't be edited. I've done this many times and never had this problem before, I thought I was ready to go live on the internet, but now I don't know. What is going wrong?

• Nithin

Hi Robert,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Sorry to know that you are having issue with your website, could you please check, and confirm whether any other plugin is causing this issue, you can confirm this by running a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin is causing this issue.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If that doesn't help, I would like to check your website configuration to have a better idea about the issue, could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Robert

Hello Nithin,

I have granted to WPMU DEV five days of support access to my website, rhtpoetry.com.

The file I am trying to upload is called "Hark Hark the Lark" and is contained in a folder on my Desktop of Pdf files entitlled "PDFPoems A-O." I have a whole lot of plugins in my Dashboard, some of which I may no longer need, e.g. PDF Embedder. I will try to do a plugin conflict check per your instructions.

Regards,

Robert Thompson

• Nithin

Hey Robert,

I have granted to WPMU DEV five days of support access to my website, rhtpoetry.com.

It seems like the support access isn't enabled yet, I guess this is due to the plugin conflict test that you are performing. Please let us know once you have finished performing plugin conflict test, and then enable support access, so that we could give a closer look.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Robert

Hello Within,

Yes, I was busy deactivating and reactivating my plugins between about an hour ago (that is, between about 10:00 and 11:00 p.m. local time = Los Angeles time). Despite the 404 messages I was getting with the information that the file couldn't be edited for scheduled publication because it was in the trash, I didn't find any conflicts among the plugins, but I was able to schedule publication in "Quick Edit." (I set the schedule to last night, and was able to access the poem in my website by going To "Posts." Then I reset the schedule to next Tuesday.) So it appears the problem was not fatal, but also that everything isn't as it should be. Maybe it was an operator error on my part?

What I have done is produce the text of my poems, also the border and background color, in Microsoft Word, then converted the .docx file to .pdf, then uploaded the file as an image. In the future I'll try to produce my poems using HTML and CSS. I want to change the ,docx files of some of the poems that I've already uploaded, so I'll have more opportunities for running into trouble.

I will now go ahead and make sure support access for WPMU DEV is enabled.

Robert Thompson

• Robert

Hello again Nithin,

I have enabled access to my website for WPMU DEV.

But maybe it won't be necessary to do anything about this. I may just have neglected to update my scheduled publication before viewing the uploaded poem. In any case, I seem to have "Hark, Hark! the Lark" properly included with "All Posts" and I can presumably include it on my website (I haven't checked that last part yet). I did follow the flowchart and deactivated my plugins, then reactivated them one by one and found no plugin problems. Maybe everything is OK now and I'm ready to go online! Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Regards,

Robert Thompson

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.