can't seem to add to menu

Hi, firstly forgive me I am completely new to all this.
I am trying to add pages to the menu and can't seem to figure it out. I've gone into 'Menus' under Themes, I've added posts into different categories to see if that would work. I did manage to get one on there (have no idea how) titled Local Businesses and it's showing test posts for some reason and not the actual Local Businesses page??
Now I don't know if it's me or the setting? Can someone help me please :slight_smile:
Thanks
Deb
the site is http://www.familyhotspots.com.au

• debbieoakley

Update , I've fixed up the businesses page showing the posts, but am still continuing to have the menu issue. I have tried to mirror the settings of the one already there without sucess.

Another thing I would like to ask. I downloaded Network so I could bring all the info from the site into the main page with ease. The aim was to have 'pages' & 'forum posts' show up on the front page instead of just having my posts. The site (in theory) is to show what others are saying, not just me. Is this possible?

• Mason

Hiya,

I'm not sure I'm understanding the issue correctly for ya, but we do have a tutorial on the WordPress menus that should help:
    http://buddydress.com/2010/06/discovering-wordpress-3-0-menus-tutorial/

Can you tell us what is happening when you try to add other pages? Is there an error that comes up? Are the pages being added in the admin but not in the front?

Try disabling all plugins and seeing if it works then. You may have a plugin conflict.

The network theme is designed to pull in all posts either from your main site or from all sites on a multi-site network. It's not meant to pull in pages or forum posts so to do that you'd need to customize the code to do so.

Let us know if the above helps.

Thanks!

• Philip John

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.