Cant set up correctly paypal single payment for 1 year subscription using membership plugin

Hello,
I have been having a lot of trouble getting this working. Here is what I am trying to accomplish.

I have a blog that I want to charge people for 1 year of use. Once the year is up the subscription ends and is not auto renewed.

I got it working however when a user subscribes their "Subscription" and "Membership Levels" are not automatically updated. I have to go in and automatically add them myself.

Why is this not automatically happening? I must not have the settings setup correctly.

Here is a screenshot of my subscription settings.

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings cjmeyers28,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I have a blog that I want to charge people for 1 year of use. Once the year is up the subscription ends and is not auto renewed.

I got it working however when a user subscribes their "Subscription" and "Membership Levels" are not automatically updated. I have to go in and automatically add them myself.

Why is this not automatically happening?

Unfortunately my familiarity with this plugin is not sufficient enough to answer why the subscriptions and membership levels are not being updated automatically. Could it possibly be that it is not receiving an IPN from PayPal? etc.

Therefore, I'll see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give you some advice as to the possibilities of why this is not happening as expected.

Thanks again for being a WPMU Dev member.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Barry

Hi, first it may be better to switch your time period to 1 year, rather than 365 days - makes things neater :slight_smile:

Second, it sounds like your system isn't being hit by the PayPal IPN, can you log into your PayPal account and have a look in the PayPal IPN history log and have a look at the last few attempts. If you view the details for each of them and attach screenshots of them here, we may be able to decipher what's happening.

• aecnu

Greetings cjmeyers28,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.