Can't successfully backup with Snapshot

Both regular snapshot and Managed backup keep failing. The backup either doesn't progress at all, or it starts and fail at some point(70-90%).

I tried increasing memory limit, added below Snapshot flags to wp-config.php but doesn't seem to help.

define('SNAPSHOT_ATTEMPT_SYSTEM_BACKUP', true);
define('SNAPSHOT_MB_BREADTH_FIRST', true);
define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100);
define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100);
define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600);

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brian

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I was checking your site and so far I found out that there's a very large (almost 1GB) file on a server that's a "leftover" backup from some other plugin. Such files might cause issues, especially on a servers that got some limited resources (and this one seems to have I/O usage limits quite strict).

Unfortunately, while I was performing further tests site suddenly started to log me out, the backup process started to get disconnected and I received message in cPanel that SSL changes are pending. It seems that you (or someone on your behalf) was making changes on the site, related to SSL, while I was performing tests.

That being said, I need to wait for this changes to be applied and need to ask you to hold on with any serious changes to the site configuration until I'm done with tests. That doesn't apply to changes such as e.g. adding or editing content or making some small visual changes to the site but any "configuration changes" would affect testing.

Would you please let me know when you're done with this changes so I could continue? I'll then proceed with testing in order to find solution to the issue.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brian

For some reason you posted FTP access credentials here. I removed them (I'm sorry that with such a delay) as it's an openly available forum so posting any credentials here creates a huge security threat. I strongly recommend either removing that account and creating a new one for sharing with us or at least changing its password.

After that, you can securely provide me or Predrag directly with any credentials and additional information as explained below:

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Also, did those scheduled backups finish or not? I realize that the manually triggered ones are timing out for you but was wondering about scheduled ones that were running in background. I tried to access your site to check it but I'm getting an error stating that "this feature has been disabled" when I try to login using credentials from chat.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Brian,

We were previously working on your cas******jamaica.com site and that's where the Snapshot was working after the tweaks I have applied.
    The access to that site doesn't work anymore I so I can't check if you have any additional backups there now.
    Can you check it yourself and see if the backups are still working there?

If they are can you try applying the tweaks I used there on other sites and see if they work after that as well:

/*Snapshot managed backup defines*/
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 50);
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 250);
    define('SNAPSHOT_ATTEMPT_SYSTEM_BACKUP', true);

This code should be added to your wp-config.php file (located in root WP folder) just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ line.

Let us know if that worked for other sites or we need to investigate this further.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.