Cant update Divi Theme

Hi there this is a new multi site and I am unable to update to my latest theme. I am using Divi and they dont offer an automatic update. I did this before with another multi site network and I am not sure what is going wrong this time around. I need to delete my old version of Divi but it wont seem to delete. When I try to install the new version it says I have to delete the old one first and when I try to just activate the old one it says that version has already been deleted. Thank you for any help.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Justin,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I understand that prior to deleting the theme was deactivated on all sites of your network, is that right?

If yes, then the simplest way to delete the theme before installing a new version would be to access the site via FTP and then:

- go to "/wp-content/themes/" folder
    - remove entire "Divi" folder from there

This would delete theme entirely and you should be able to install the new version.

Please make sure that you made a full backup of the site first!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Justin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Adam - thanks for the response. So I am not taking your initial advice and just trying to update the theme from inside the back end office. I know it can be done as I have done it before. :slight_smile: Thanks again and sorry for the confusion!

Justin

• boomtime
    • New Recruit

I was having this problem for a while, and we finally found a workaround. Posting for anyone else who still needs the answer. In our case, we are running Divi on all sites on the Network except for the main site on the network.

We installed Bloom (another Elegant Themes plugin) on the main instance and entered our API username and password for Elegant Themes into the Bloom settings on that instance. When I return to the main network updates page, it now shows an update for Divi available. Theoretically you should be able to install any Elegant Themes theme or plugin, enter the credentials and get the same result. Weird, but it worked.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.