Can't update Marketpress successfully

Hello, I am having a lot of the same problems as posted a few days ago on the thread below: I have to keep reverting back to version 2.9.6.2
I have a multisite and am using chained payments
The biggest problems are:
1. Each sub site seems to have to be manually updated and that is really going to take hours and hours since I have over 100 stores and since my site is live, not really doable.
2. Every subsite loses the all important paypal email address (used for paypal chained payments) I have never lost this information on updates until the new release of 3.0 and higher.
3. All global products are showing up as free with a price of 0.00 Looks like again, I would have to fix every store as I noticed on a subsite that there was a "free" radio button that seemed to be needed to be unchecked. I had to abort quickly and revert back to 2.9.6.2 as my site is live so I didn't get a chance to see much more about it.

I am hoping #2 and 3 above can be addressed so I can finally update successfully.

Finally, the global cart was supposed to be paired with paypal chained payments in the new version 3.0 and higher. That does not seem to be the case. That is a highly sought after feature for chained payment users and should be incorporated into marketpress asap. Is that in the works?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-307-has-damage-my-site-and-network-need-immediate-assistance

  • Sajid

    Hi Leslie,

    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

    1. Each sub site seems to have to be manually updated and that is really going to take hours and hours since I have over 100 stores and since my site is live, not really doable.

    I am afraid you have to go through each subsite and run a database upgrade its required to make the subsite works with latest version otherwise it will show broken products.

    You just need to go to each of your subsite and click on update button from store settings.

    2. Every subsite loses the all important paypal email address (used for paypal chained payments) I have never lost this information on updates until the new release of 3.0 and higher.

    Does this happens after running a database upgrade ?

    3. All global products are showing up as free with a price of 0.00 Looks like again, I would have to fix every store as I noticed on a subsite that there was a "free" radio button that seemed to be needed to be unchecked. I had to abort quickly and revert back to 2.9.6.2 as my site is live so I didn't get a chance to see much more about it.

    In the other thread @jetmac mentioned that after upgrading the database the prices started showing correctly.

    Since, this is a big update so I would suggest you to run on a staging website first. I know its not easy to duplicate all 100 sites but you can pick few of them and upgrade their. If the process goes smooth then you can do this live by putting the live site under maintenance mode.

    Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

    Cheers, Sajid

  • Sajid

    Hi Leslie,

    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

    1. Each sub site seems to have to be manually updated and that is really going to take hours and hours since I have over 100 stores and since my site is live, not really doable.

    I am afraid you have to go through each subsite and run a database upgrade its required to make the subsite works with latest version otherwise it will show broken products.

    You just need to go to each of your subsite and click on update button from store settings.

    2. Every subsite loses the all important paypal email address (used for paypal chained payments) I have never lost this information on updates until the new release of 3.0 and higher.

    Does this happens after running a database upgrade ?

    3. All global products are showing up as free with a price of 0.00 Looks like again, I would have to fix every store as I noticed on a subsite that there was a "free" radio button that seemed to be needed to be unchecked. I had to abort quickly and revert back to 2.9.6.2 as my site is live so I didn't get a chance to see much more about it.

    In the other thread @jetmac mentioned that after upgrading the database the prices started showing correctly.

    Since, this is a big update so I would suggest you to run on a staging website first. I know its not easy to duplicate all 100 sites but you can pick few of them and upgrade their. If the process goes smooth then you can do this live by putting the live site under maintenance mode.

    Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.