Can't update network (access denied)

I have a multisite installation that it's driving me crazy. First of all, I can't manage to update the network, when I click update network, I get a list of all the subdomains in my multisite (4 wordpress installations) and below them "access denied" which is weird because I am the only super-admin in the entire network.

Secondly I think I might have a serious problem with the cron jobs. Snapshot won't do any backup, only the manual ones, the scheduled posts won't be published and I tried everything, I tried to do the cron through plesk, disable wp_cron etc... and nothing worked, I even installed WP Missed Schedule which worked right after the installation, it published all my missed scheduled posts, but the next scheduled posts keeps missing them, as well as the snapshot backups, which is set once a week.

I tried disabling all the plugins, disabling Wordfence, Wp Rocket...and nothing...

I would be extremely thankful if some of you could help me with his issue, because I'm about to give up a do everything manually....

Thank you!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Sergio,

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    When I will be checking your site can I make some additional conflict tests?

Also please enable debug log in your WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to dropbox like a service and past link.

If you tested and real cron job is not working - have you contacted your hosting provider about it? Because real cron should fix issues with scheduled snapshots and posts.

kind regards,

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Sergio,

I never saw this message before - I did a small research and found thread with similar problem where it resolved itself after sometime, so there was no real fix for problem.
    Please run a quick plugin conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.

And please check if debug.log was created, because there might be answer there why this is not working, so I would need to see that file.

kind regards,

• apurba_podder

Hello Sergio,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having.

cURL error 7 means your site failed to connect() to host or proxy. As this is a server side issue, can you please talk to your host regarding this and check with them if connection to our server is blocked in firewall or network setup? They can give you best idea regarding this.

If you didn't get any solution from hosting provider please check if debug.log was created. Upload it to dropbox like a service and past link. Please grant support access also .

Please let us know what they say about this. If there is anything we can do from our end, we will be glad to do that.

Kind Regards