Can't Update WordPress Version

We're getting a continual error trying to upgrade to WP v5.2.2 that says an update is already in progress. I have so far been unable after a week worth of occasional poking to be able to locate what may be locking the core update from happening. Nothing I've found so far has helped. Any idea how to clear the lock on a WPMU install so the update can proceed?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Pedro Martinez

Hope you're doing well!

I'm sorry to hear you have this issue. Looks like during the first update something went wrong and the Wordpress site, stuck in the lock state.

There are two ways that can fix this issue.

First please try the following plugin to fix this issue:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/fix-another-update-in-progress

Go to Settings > Fix Another Update In Progress and click on the Fix Another Update In Progress button. After this is done, try updating the WordPressPress again.

If this will not fix the issue, please access the phpMyAdmin, via your cPanel locate the wp_options table (wp_ is a site prefix that can be different on your site). Look for the core_updater.lock row and delete it.

Please have a backup of your database, just in case if something will go wrong, so you can restore the site back.

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.