Can't Upgrade Courses after CoursePress Pro Update

Hello,

I updated CoursePress Pro and then it asked me to “Upgrade” my courses. But when I tried to upgrade the course, it always fails. It says: Update unsuccessful. Please try again!

Screenshot: http://take.ms/90Kyq

There is nothing in debug.log regarding this issue. And I’ve also tried Plugin Conflict test, that also didn’t help in resolving this issue.

Can you please check? I’ve provided all access over the chat.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello epilepsycf,

I hope you are well today. I’ll be following up with you on this issue.

I’ve logged into your site, server and 1and1 control panel and taken a look at things. I believe this issue is related to your use of PHP 5.5 which is currently in extended support (an extra fee) with 1and1.

As a general rule, you should run a currently supported version of PHP. 5.6.30 is currently the oldest supported version of PHP. PHP 7.x is recommended for speed, stability and security.

Could you please try logging into your 1and1 control panel and upgrading to at least PHP 5.6.30 and see if this resolves the issue.

You can upgrade PHP by going to 1and1 Admin -> Hosting -> PHP Settings -> Select the Domain -> Change PHP version.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Best regards,

James Morris

• epilepsycf
    • Flash Drive

Hi – thank you for the response – however, the upgrade of php on the server DID NOT SOLVE the issue – this is now the third time I have had to revert to a backed up version of a very large site because Course Press Pro is NOT working after upgrade.

Screenshot attached.

This is currently php 5.6 but the SAME error occurred when I loaded php 7 as well.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello epilepsycf,

I’ve logged into your server and performed some additional debugging. First, I created a full backup of everything. You’ll find 3 files starting with the string 07_13_2017-. You can delete these if you wish.

I was able to confirm your issue, but no debug output was generated. I’ve escalated this issue to our Developers so they can take an even deeper look into this issue.

Thank you for your patience while we sort through this issue for you.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi LaunchPress !

If you provide me with additional login credentials, I can look into it more.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Please visit our private Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: “Attn: Ivan Svyrskyi”

In the Message box, please provide the following:

– link back to this thread for reference

– any other relevant urls

– Admin login:

Admin username

Admin password

Login url

– FTP/SFTP credentials

host

username

password

(and port if required)

Note: Don’t send any credentials via this forum because it’s public forum.

Best regards,

Ivan.

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi LaunchPress !

Also, you can try to fix it yourself. Please, replace {wordpress_folder}/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/upgrade/js/admin-upgrade.js to attached file and open {wordpress_folder}/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/upgrade/class-upgrade.php file via FTP on line 171st line and replace this line

wp_enqueue_script( 'coursepress_admin_upgrade_js', $script, array( 'jquery', 'backbone', 'underscore' ), self::$version, true );

to

wp_enqueue_script( 'coursepress_admin_upgrade_js', $script, array( 'jquery', 'backbone', 'underscore' ), 1111, true );

And try to upgrade Coursepress again.

Best regards,

Ivan.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello David,

In the interest of ensuring that we have all relevant information pertaining to your particular situation, could you please contact us via Live Support so we can log a ticket on your behalf. Tickets are generally per member. So, piggybacking on this ticket will actually slow responses. Also, it sends notifications to other members when they may not necessarily need to be notified.

Thank you,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.