Can't upload the Marketpress eCommerce theme

I am trying to upload the Marketpress eCommerce theme and get an error message that the css page is missing see screenshot. I tried to do it manually using Filezilla and got the same message.

Help please.

Gary

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Gary,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Looks like you are trying to install the MarketPress plugin as a theme. Here is the FrameMarket theme: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/frame-market-theme, which is the one we use in our demo :slight_smile:

It has the GridMarket child theme built into it, you just need to move it from the /framemarket/themes/ folder and place it into your main /wp-content/themes folder.

This will be illustrated on the Framemarket usage guide here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/frame-market-theme/#usage

Looks like you have our WPMU DEV Dashboard installed too, so you can install FrameMarket straight from there! Navigate to:

WPMU DEV > Themes. Then click install on FrameMarket.

Hope this helps Gary and let me know if you need any further assistance here :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• Gary
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

OMG am I stupid or WHAT.

Theme installed with child theme and also marketpress plugin and all seems OK now.
    I was wondering however how in the live demo you get just the image (see attachment) with the button and then when you click on the product you get a much more detailed description.
    When I have the product on the store page I get the full description (see attachment) too and I can't find a way to get it the live demo looks.
    Thanks for your help
    Gary

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Gary,

Hope you're doing well today!

Glad it's all working well now :slight_smile:

As for the layout, you will want to make sure you select no for "show excerpts" in the products list options. This is located:

Products > Store Settings > Appearance tab.

Screenshot attached.

you will also want to change the Store style to "icons", which I believe is what the demo is using there :slight_smile:

Hope that helps Gary! Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Gary,

Hope thanks for your reply, yes I did mean presentation tab, sorry about that!

I've attached the screenshot; however, it may not help now as you have already set it to no excerpt :slight_smile:

Is it still showing the excerpt for you?

Do you mind granting support access so we can take a closer look at your settings?

You can grant support access via: WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. I am just about to head to bed, but I will be back online for awhile tomorrow and follow up here :slight_smile: have a great rest of your weekend Gary.

• Gary

Hi Tyler
    Hope you had a good sleep.
    Whilst you were in dreamland I fiddled with the settings.
    I found that the static front page wasn't set so it wasn't really displaying the store page. I changed it and now have the store page where the icon and don't show excerpt work now.
    Thanks for your help it pointed me in the right direction.
    Gary

• Gary

HOWEVER
    If I change the filter to a specific category or select a product category from my sidebar I get the products page and the descriptions are back. Now if I have 100 products that is a lot of page space.
    I only want the description to show on the single product page.
    I am spending far too much time on a simple thing that should be integral to the eCommerce plugin.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Gary, stepping in here for Ari here. :slight_smile:

After some further investigation on my own site, it looks like we've run into a bug here (due to the way that the FrameMarket theme, the parent theme that GridMarket uses, handles excerpts for product lists).

I've flagged the developer here, so we can get this resolved. I've included the details of the issue below, in case you're interested. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

P.S. To go into more detail...

====================================

DETAIL OF THE ISSUE:

When I set "Show Excerpts" to "No" inside Products -> Store Settings -> Presentation -> Product List Settings, I'm not seeing that FrameMarket is respecting those settings, both on category list pages, as well as the usual product list page.

On line 125 of framemarket/library/functions/marketpress.php, the code looks like this:

$product_content .= $mp->product_excerpt($post->post_excerpt, $post->post_content, $post->ID);

Whereas in the original version of the product list code (that comes with MarketPress, located on lines 1773-1775 of marketpress/marketpress-includes/template-functions.php) has an "if" statement for the excerpt, allowing it to determine whether or not an excerpt is allowed:

if ( $mp->get_setting('show_excerpt') ) {
    					$product_content .= $mp->product_excerpt($post->post_excerpt, $post->post_content, $post->ID);
    }

NOTE: The version of MarketPress I'm referring to here would be the latest version (as of this writing), version 2.9.5.4.

• Gary

Hi Michael

To speed things up I tried inserting the code you specified into my marketpress.php file and all I got was an External Server Error when I tried to access the dashboard. My host providers had to disable the theme to let me in and I took your code out and it works but still with the display problem.
    Do you have any idea when the error will be resolved because I like the theme and would like to continue to use it.
    Gary

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.