cant upload up to 15 GB file as with primary

Hi,

I need 15 GB limit per my Enterprise storage limit so I dont violate my advertising for last year (don't think that's problem I think its at 14.65gb). It says failure to upload after uploading a 815kb picture on yf homepage. This has gone on for over week, lets end it : ) !!

Thanks... more..

I dont know what folder and who these people are? WP or my host?
I don't see the rewrite rules in htaccess.
question: can there be more than one multisite on server? My add-on is current. Primary is not, is that ok, is there a rule I heard it has to be on the root or primary level and not add-on domain such as here? Checking. Would like an additional Multisite on Primary thanks.

FROM MICHAEL
Hey @OD,

Regarding the upload limit (which I should note, is for the maximum size of the file being uploaded, not the amount of upload space granted to a site, big difference), I was able to get into settings for the network for the subsite you mentioned, and I set the "Max upload file size" to 1500 KB, and I'm not seeing the "Maximum file upload size" come up as blank anymore.

Regarding the issues with the uploads, it appears that they're using an older upload folder path, I had to insert this into your .htaccess to get WordPress to use that properly:

# uploaded files
RewriteRule ^files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$1 [L]

• ITsupport

(Just went back now and server is forcing www. redirects will fix) It works it works!!!! I called Enterprise, host, all my security and bit#$ & moaned but I got it...
    Special thanks to Michael for being a bad dog. Michael, I would like it if you could run a check down with me on a couple situations regarding code on the site, best practices, changes we've made, but simple, nothing special, just so we don't lose any information gained.

It turns out as I thought it was the new CDN that was put into place, traffic is going there but is not directed to and/or does not know of the existence of cloud enterprise where content goes, it as I stated does not reside on the server, which is why I need the 15 GB setting that has already been set by VPS "Root" support at Host. they concurred with (and set to 2 months ago) my need for 15 GB mirror of upload per file capacity due to enterprise per file limit of 15 GB that I have campaigned around for 1 year now. Technical issues beyond that we can talk about by email if necessary. I would like to look at the recent changes in htaccess and re-asses the best practice for the current multinet.

Thank you Andy for checking on my status. I think you guys should move forward with a 24 hour phones service and put this in the past. I know it's a part of the framework you even offer us but you can't get more traffic than a hosting company, I'm sure you get just AS MUCH. They often just sit there and if things dont work we just call back and keep at it like here but there is no frustrating ineffective cutoff period. Requests for deletion etc. need support tickets on hosting you could still run that here with the Access feature. General questions could divert to forums. You guys are great and should take it forward. the blogger has a safe future.

Anyways, Michael the redirects are still an unresolved issue I would like to at least find the definitive answer to. Could we close this topic and divert it to the other post (below), looking at that would constitute summarizing what we've done. In fact, I put the code for redirect to main site on registration of subsite into the functions.php of the different subsites. Well only two right now (It should not reside on the primary site's functions.php correct?). However, I have not tested, so could I pickup the support at the other ticket following. In addition, as stated here, it is IMPERATIVE that I have the Upload Limit set to 15 GB, this is what I set it at, no harm, it is just what I marketed for the last year, not film could be uploaded at the 15 MB limit it is set to right now which is my whole business. I posted this and it was not recognized?? I know Michael must be gone or back now, either way I need to move forward. I apologize ahead of time for seeming like a lamo it's just that I have no problem bumping any project of mine an eternity and WILL because that is what it would dictate based on the support I acquire in this case you guys. But I cannot reschedule the upcoming sports season on a national basis and if I dont have that set to 15 gb (Further just so you know the Main Primary (technically Add-on clc) sites Upload limit has been affected by the "subsite" change below. Interested into knowing why that is so if it is not supposed to change the Add-on or primary site of the subdomaines) to then I never had a reason for this in the first place. I could change it but I cant find the file or any sign of the code in the htaccess. other than that it is awesome, I would also still like to know what folder the "old folder" was and who "they" are, I think the hosting service correct? Thanks
    - lss

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/multisite-images-wont-load-on-subsite#post-914107

There is a new post on [Multisite images wont load on subsite.]

Reply by: Michael Bissett

Hey @
    Regarding the upload limit (which I should note, is for the maximum size of the file being uploaded, not the amount of upload space granted to a site, big difference), I was able to get into settings for the network for the subsite you mentioned, and I set the "Max upload file size" to 1500 KB, and I'm not seeing the "Maximum file upload size" come up as blank anymore.
    Regarding the issues with the uploads, it appears that they're using an older upload folder path, I had to insert this into your .htaccess to get WordPress to use that properly:
    # uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$1 [L]
    The redirect issue I mentioned in your email seems to have disappeared in the meantime, so that's good. :slight_smile:
    Hope this helps!
    Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thanks again,
    lss

• ITsupport

O.K. big news. Turns out the firewall employed cdn etc. was pointing all traffic to www causing redirects. Among othere reasons. \
    Fixed. However, he cannot go to yf, he says their could be an htaccess re-direct in pointing the subdomains to the wrong place or a php redirect however prob the htaccess. I removed the code that sends users to register on the sight before on the subdomains so I want to put that back in to the correct place please. With that registration working etc. the project is complete. Though I have not heard from anyone in a while. Thanks here is the code.

add_filter('the_content', 'redirect') ;
    function redirect ($content) {
    if (!is_user_logged_in()) { wp_redirect( network_home_url( )); exit; }

return $content;
    }

Launch to Yf tomorrow.

lss

• ITsupport

UPDATE: Hello, recapping. Theorized traffic was going to Site-Lock and not communicating with Enterprise Storage. Called Site Lock the first guy I had to brute force my way through the phone to talk "to his" technical support (not mine) the second tech was super cool and smart. I asked him to look at certain things and that I had took it upon myself to bypass the CDN which enabled uploading to Box server which is my whole business right now. Finally he went to switch it back on in a test to see if it will work with it on and I can now upload to the Box server with it enabled, security.

Upon doing this test he noticed that all traffic since it has been enabled (3 plus months!!!)has been redirected to http://www.clc and not clc... This has cause incredible conflict, infinite loops and most importantly misunderstandings with staff who is great and with all other services such as WPMUDev of whom I have Elite membership and great support with as well.

BH is looking right now at the reason Desktop is crashing on subdomain and the mobile only is working across the board, they "owe me one" I think its the php in the header globally I put in with UB.

I would be nice if the WP MU experts chimed in. I need to help them understand where MU is defined...

I need to be able to change the Upload limit back to what it was 15GB I will probably have it by then.

The redirects I was getting were from Security directing to www. I was getting subdomain urls super long with http://www.subdomain after subdomain.mainsite/ so subdomain.mainsite/www.subdomain

Arrrrgghhh! Right?

Can multiple MU's reside on server? Currently on Add-on. is that ok.?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @OD, thanks for the updates here! :slight_smile:

BH is looking right now at the reason Desktop is crashing on subdomain and the mobile only is working across the board, they "owe me one" I think its the php in the header globally I put in with UB.

Right now, it looks like bbPress is the culprit, oddly enough. Or at least, it has some tie-in to the situation.

When I disabled it on your network via FTP (I moved the plugin folder to a subfolder temporarily), I was able to visit http://youthfootball.clcshare.com/ on desktop.

I noticed that there was an update available for it, and after updating it, I found that I was able to access the site on desktop. :slight_smile:

Side note: Your child theme for this site was missing some code responsible for loading the parent theme's style.css, I took care of that for you. :slight_smile:

I need to be able to change the Upload limit back to what it was 15GB I will probably have it by then.

So you're using Box.com to handle your files?

I'm not seeing that the connection to Box.com has been authorized on either http://clcshare.com/ or http://youthfootball.clcshare.com/ right now, seems like that needs to be authorized here?

When you were talking about upload limits, I thought you were referring to uploading files to the WordPress Media Library (which is separate from Box.com), perhaps there was a mention of this in the past that I missed?

Can multiple MU's reside on server? Currently on Add-on. is that ok.?

They can, yes. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• ITsupport

The files go to the Enterprise but it passes through the server here. I need to put that all back to 15GB before tomorrow. It used to say 15 GB I could look around and change what I did but I need to know where you wrote 14 mb, that's what it says now. It has to be 15GB. Either way , no video could pass through 14 mb. Thanks please just point out where this is

Crazy Security had that all pointing to www right?

Thanks for all that !

lss

• ITsupport

Hey Michael!

Yeah this was stated before, "Enterprise is seperate from this" It needs to be changed to 15GB.

Here is a picture of the state the upload limit was set to matching the BH server adjustment. The HTML 5 Clouds recquire this.

This whole thing has been strange with the Security over the last 8 months, I just want to move past it. The upload limit and the redirect with this code are the only things needed. Most every issue we've had was out of our hands which isn't fair but that is the way it went.

I put this code into the functions.php, not completley positive which one it goes in to get all new registers to signup on prime first. But i removed it this morning troubleshooting the site prior to calling Security and discovering all traffic has been pointed back to www for the last few months.

add_filter('the_content', 'redirect') ;
    function redirect ($content) {
    if (!is_user_logged_in()) { wp_redirect( network_home_url( )); exit; }

return $content;
    }

Thanks,
    lss

• Michael Bissett

Hey @OD,

Here is a picture of the state the upload limit was set to matching the BH server adjustment. The HTML 5 Clouds recquire this.

Okay, so now we're looking at http://youthfootball.clcshare.com/ again. :slight_smile:

From looking this now, the answer... would like in the parameters for the shortcodes inserted into the page, most specifically the "maxfilesize" parameter:

maxfilesize="15360000"

In this case, the maxfilesize is being set to 15,360,000 bytes, or 14.65 MB.

Given that you're looking to have a 15 GB limit, you'd want to have that "maxfilesize" parameter set up like this:

maxfilesize="16106127360"

You'll want to edit any pages that you've inserted a Box.com shortcode into (e.g. the home page for youthfootball.clcshare.com), and edit that parameter.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• ITsupport

i'd look but I'm producing video to post. its stressful everyone on twitter waits and I'm behind and i need more vids = more d1 athletes = lock on market. Son's grandma comes over and yells what are you doing while saying hey to my son. Its a typical nuclear nightmare. Trust me, I'm a nice guy and would run over there, every time I do an email I lose. Thanks, without help I would delay further. my help is gone as of 2 months ago. Im just being honest, teh only diff is I am and you dont hear others talk about it. life. during work.

• ITsupport

You can change the max file size to that YES. But when you leave it at 0 zero it uses the server max setting which is 15 GB trust me you can ask them. It is only chnged with the VPS dudes we cant change it but we dont have to it already is.

The upload limit in wordpress needs to read 16106127360 , you're right, I had it at 15,300,000,000 which is why it read 14.65 in all my screenshots of it. they are on twitter in tweets to followers and on my phone but I don't time to get them. : ) thanks bye be bakc in 45 mins

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.