Can't Use COSTOMPRESS's taxonomies with Visual Composer

Hello there,
I made 'custom post type' and 'custom taxonomies' with CUSTOMPRESS.
It's so great!!
But I can't use them in Visual Composer's content boxes.
Is there any way?

I will open support access.
If you want check it, you have to move my sub-site "Style-S"
Thanks!

BH

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello banghyeon,

I hope you have a nice day and thank you for this question!

I've visited your site and I can see that custom post types and custom taxonomies are created properly. They're also working fine as you're able to manage them e.g. via "Styles" dashboard menu item. Our CustomPress plugin is just a nice "visual interface" for native WordPress custom post type support so I think this issue is rather Visual Composer related. It seems to me that the "News Tab" element is having problems with custom taxonomies/post type support in a proper manner.

In fact I found an information on this where Visual Composer developers supposedly suggest that custom post types/taxonomies should be created with a higher priority. A "priority" in this case refers to an order in which WordPress is loading/registering/enabling various parts of its code, including code that creates custom post types/ custom taxonomies.

This is not quite following established WP standards as it simply shouldn't matter but it's not a violation of those standards either. Therefore, I'll get in touch with CustomPress lead developer and ask him if we could do anything about it. Hopefully he'll be able to either provide you with a "quick fix" or introduce a permanent fix with one of upcoming CustomPress updates. However, please note that his response time may be a bit longer than mine here on support forum and since then I'd rather not make any promises here.

Please keep an eye on this thread and I'll update it immediately once I got a response from the developer.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Banghyeon!

If I get the solution from Visual Composer support, I also update this thread.

Please do, it would be great if they'd be able to provide a fix. I'm sure this would solve many issue that are related to other (non-WPMU DEV) plugins as well. However, I'm waiting for the replay from our developers and I'll get back to you as soon as he answers me.

Have a nice day!
    Adam

• banghyeon

Hello Adam,

I found 'News tab' on my site is not default content of Visual Composer.
    It made by Theme company. And 'News tab' is made with 'Tabs' which is a default content of Visual Composer. (Default contents of visual Composer, like 'Post Grid', can find custom post type!)

So I ask to my theme support, isn't there any way.
    And their answer is

"news tabs designed to fetch posts only.
    maybe we can add custom posts type in future updates"

This is all what i found out.
    If I get the another solution or update, I'll update this thread again.

Have a nice day!
    Banghyeon

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.