Can't use upfront on single page

When using upfront I can’t open it on the single page, when I click Upfront button it gives “Uncaught TypeError: Upfront.Util.post(…:wink:.success is not a function” error. I tried a plugin conflict test and when all plugins are deactivated. But when I try to open Upfront editor it gets stuck at 25%. How can I fix it?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello gjchandler,

I hope you are well today.

Given the symptoms you’re describing, it sounds as though you’re having issue with CORS (cross-origin resource sharing). Would you please try adding the following code to your .htaccess then re-test?

//Fix CORS Access-Control-Allow-Origin errors in .htaccess
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    <FilesMatch ".(ttf|ttc|otf|eot|woff|woff2|font.css|css|js)$">
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
    </FilesMatch>
    </IfModule>

Let us know if this resolves the issue for you. If not, we’ll be happy to dig in further for you. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello gjchandler,

As long as you are the only making changes at the code level, such as calling remote scripts/assets, you should be OK. If you have other users making such changes, you’ll want to audit their work. It’s always advisable to run a comprehensive security suite such as Defender and Sucuri. And, of course, never include 3rd-party resources (ie: JavaScript libraries) from questionable souces.

You can learn more about CORS at the following link: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/CORS

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• gjchandler
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Looks like the fix did not do the trick. I just noticed something else which might be useful– I get this message when I hit the Upfront edit button on my problem child page:

Uncaught TypeError: Upfront.Util.post(…:wink:.success is not a function

at N.n.initialize_upfront (main-1.9.4.js:159)

at N.n.start (main-1.9.4.js:159)

at HTMLLIElement.<anonymous> (main-1.9.4.js:159)

at HTMLBodyElement.dispatch (jquery.min.js:3)

at HTMLBodyElement.q.handle (jquery.min.js:3)

Not 100% if the two are related but it’s something to go on.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.