Capabilities of Appointment Plugin

Hi,

Perhaps you can help me understand whether your plugin will meet our need. e.g. http://nzeb-opendoors.ie/properties/co-galway-salthill-2/

I have a property website using WPResidence. We are also using UserPro and Enhanced Capability Manager Plugins. There are 4 users types. One user type, called Exhibitors, is able to list new properties. These users can register their own account and add a property to their listing. This property is connected to this user. We are looking for a Booking plugin that can be assigned to each individual property that when the Exhibitor is listing their property, or after, they have an ability of choosing a couple of predefined times and dates for Viewing of their property, with a number of available places. These Booking times can be made visible/invisible by default by Admin control. The Exhibitor feature is not essential were Admins able to do this.

Other user can register as Visitors, this is already controlled, and these Visitors, create an account, and login, users can choose a property they are interested in, choose a Booking time that suits them. They receive a communication about their booking. Also, by default, Admin can then send a reminder to all Bookings at a set time or automatically to all Visitors. This will contain information about each individual booking.

Does this make sense and does your Plugin have this capability?

Kind regards,

Sam

• Rupok

Hi Sam Lyons,

Thanks for asking. Let me give you a brief idea regarding how our Appointments+ plugin works. Suppose you run a hospital, there are couple of doctors, they provide couple of medical services, they have scheduled time and you know which doctor provides which service.

Now, when a patient comes to your site, at first, they select what service they need, then select which doctor is available for that service, then check when that doctor is available for that service.

So what I understand from your case, you have some exhibitors and some properties. Now consider your properties as services, and exhibitors as service providers. In that case, I believe Appointments+ will totally serve your purpose. Now let me explain in terms:

they have an ability of choosing a couple of predefined times and dates for Viewing of their property, with a number of available places

Your exhibitors (service providers) can set their working hours from the Dashboard if you allow them. And your site users can select property (service) for which they need the appointment. One exhibitor (service provider) can have more than one property (service). So what you want is possible with Appointments+ .

Other user can register as Visitors, this is already controlled, and these Visitors, create an account, and login, users can choose a property (service) they are interested in, choose a Booking time (appointment time) that suits them. They receive a communication about their booking. Also, by default, Admin can then send a reminder to all Bookings at a set time or automatically to all Visitors. This will contain information about each individual booking. All of these is possible.

So I think you can go for our Appointments+ plugin. You will get full usage guide of this plugin here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/#product-usage

Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any poing. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Sam Lyons

Hi Repok,

Thank you for making that so clear. It looks like this just might work.

Do you know or have experience with WP Residence? I am a concerned that I will spend the next hour learning its abilities and then find out it does not do something really obviously.

Each Property has its own page. We want to place the booking Calendar into these pages at the bottom of the details. Booking times are show although user need to login and to book their viewing times. Does you plugin recognise the Login (this is setup with UserPro) details, name, etc from logging in? When the user is sent an email to confirm booking are they sent a link to the page where they made the booking or what?

I can send you website login details were it to be of any use to you.

Sam

• Rupok

Hi Sam,

Do you know or have experience with WP Residence?

WP Residence seems to be a third party paid plugin, and I'm afraid, I have no experience or idea regarding that plugin. As this is a CodeCanyon plugin, I believe plugin developer is bound to provide you support if you face any kind of trouble using this plugin. You can also ping him for any problem regarding that plugin, and he can give you best idea because he created that plugin.

Does you plugin recognise the Login (this is setup with UserPro) details, name, etc from logging in?

If your user is logged in, Appointments+ will detect that because whatever way your visitor registers to your site, he/she gets a WordPress user account which is generic.

When the user is sent an email to confirm booking are they sent a link to the page where they made the booking or what?

You can edit your Appointment+ email notification template from your Dashboard. So you can add any custom link there if you want.

You will get full usage guide of this plugin here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/#product-usage

Our Event is happening over just one weekend, is it possible to have it assigned to only weekend?

Do you mean is it possible to make appointments available for weekends? Or only in weekends? Yes, you can set your exhibitors working hours from Appointments+ options.

Please let us know if you have any further confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Sam Lyons,

Well, let's describe with our previous example.

Properties are services, and Exhibitors are Service Providers. Now exhibitors (Service Providers) can have pre-definend working hours, but Properties (services) don't have working hours.

Still, I don't think it will be a problem, because an exhibitor can't work on two properties at the same time, right? So you can plan accordingly. For example, "Mr. X" exhibits "Property XX". Now if "Property XX" is open on Sunday 10-12, then you will set working hours of "Mr. X" to Sunday 10-12. It will serve the same purpose.

What do you think? Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Sam Lyons,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for enabling support access, I checked your website, and it seems like you have set the shortcode to the service provider, only setting the service would be enough. Since you had set youru shortcode to a service provider, in your /co-westmeath-caddagh-cross-delvin page, only one booking happens:
    For eg:

[app_monthly_schedule service="2"]

[app_confirmation]
    [app_paypal]

For example, the above shortcode should work, and should book according to the total number of capacity. Please do note that you should need more than one service provider assigned to the service, in order for the capacity to work.

You might find this thread helpful on how capacity works:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointment-capacity-hard-stop-no-more-the-9-for-the-day#post-1053907

Is there anyway of showing how many appointments are available when users are booking. Also can it show this going down as appointments are booked?

I'm afraid, this would require custom coding, as the plugin is designed to handle one-to-one appointments. If you are considering custom developement, you could check our Jobs & Pros section, to get this done.

Please advise if I had missed out anytihng, and let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.