Capacity setting up a Service for Multiple Customers

Hello, I'm trying to workout how to have a service slot (1 hour) for 12 Customers. It is for a Climbing Wall 12 Customers at a time.

Capacity is the number of customers that can take the service at the same time. Enter 0 for no specific limit (Limited to number of service providers, or to 1 if no service provider is defined for that service).

Ive attempted to set this to 1 and 12 but it doesn't appear to do what Im expecting. Do I have to place a Service Provider in for each allocation of the one hour period (12 Service Providers) or is there another way I can do this.

Thank you

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nathan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "capacity" option doesn't let you "raise" the number of available bookings per slot but rather limit it. If it's set to "0" it will always be equal to a number of service providers that are offering this specific service. The same applies if a "capacity" value is higher than the number of service providers assigned. If the "capacity" value is lower than the number of available service providers for this service then only that set capacity will be available for booking.

Assuming that there's a single service and four service providers assigned to it, here's how it would work:
    - capacity = 0: four bookings can be made for the same time slot
    - capacity = 4: four bookings can be made for the same time slot
    - capacity = 22: four bookings can be made for the same time slot
    - capacity = 2: two bookings can be made for the same time slot
    - capacity =1: single booking can be made for the same time slot

In order to make it possible to book the same time slot twelve times (e.g. by twelve different customers at once) you will want to create twelve service providers and assign them this service; these may be "dummy" service providers though.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Milan

Hello Nathan Veysey

Hope you are well today.

Yes our community member Alex S is right. :slight_smile: When you do not have any more question and your issue gets resolved, you can mark thread as resolved, This way we can be sure that your issue has been handled well.

As for now, I am marking this as resolved and you do not need to reply me back here. If something off context comes up again, please consider opening new thread. :slight_smile:

Thanks for being with us. Enjoy WPMU DEV.
    Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.