Capacity settings are not working

I set my capacity settings to a 3 and it has only allowed one person to sign up for that appointment slot. I have also set other services capacities to 0 so that many people could sign up for an appointment time and it is also only allowing one person to sign up for that time slot. I need this fixed asap.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

Please see this FAQ on the Settings>FAQ tab:

I want to accept more than one appointment applications for each time slot. Entering higher numbers in "capacity" field in Services tab does not work. Why?
    Please note that Appointments+ is designed to manage available workforce. Capacity field is for limiting the workforce, not for increasing it. You have two alternatives to achieve this: a) Use dummy service providers b) Add these codes in functions.php and modify as required:
    function increase_capacity( $capacity, $service_id, $worker_id ) {
    return 10;
    }
    add_filter( 'app_get_capacity', 'increase_capacity', 10, 3 );

Cheers,
    Hakan

• jaxnaturalfoods
    • New Recruit

This makes no since to me. How and where would I put this code? And how would I set different numbers for different services? Why is this not apart of the plugin... If I can not get this to work this plugin is meaningless to us and will have been a waist of money.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Why is this not apart of the plugin...

Because appointments is for service providers serving a single client and by definition his/her workforce can be either 1 or 0 at a given time.

If you are trying to use it in other ways, you need to "hack" it.

Those codes will be included in functions.php of your current theme. You can use $service_id parameter to define different capacity values for different services.

This makes no since to me.

The sample is quite clear. If it doesn't make sense to you, you may consider to hire a developer who will probably add it in less then 30 minutes.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• jaxnaturalfoods
    • New Recruit

The "Live Preview" of this plugin is very miss leading then. Because I do not know any service provider who holds a "class" for an hour long for just one person. A "class" for anything usually means having a group of people learning at one time. I need a group of different people to be able to sign up to be somewhere at the same time. I also need to be able to book signal client appointments. I thought this plugin would do that but obviously I have wasted a lot of time and effort getting this set up and now will have to search for a more user friendly plugin.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

The "Live Preview" of this plugin is very miss leading then.

Do you mean Jedi Training? You are kidding, right?

If you are serious, then you didn't watch Star Wars where masters teach only a single student at a time.

I have wasted a lot of time

Still, I showed you the solution. So why don't you try to apply it instead of wasting both of our times?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.