Captch image not showing up on registration page

Hello.

I am using the SI Captcha plugin which works on all pages and posts but my registration page.

It is there but the image does not show up so you can't register.

In the settings there are two options , one for login page which is turned off and one for register page which is turned on. We would like to leave it on to help prevent spam bots from registering.

I am using current versions of WP/BP and the membership plug in. See screenshot at the bottom where the captcha is located. Thanks.

• JOE KARL
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I just check the image properties and it is trying to pull from a weird directory.

shows has http://seymourherald.com/downloadswp-content/plugins/si-captcha-for-wordpress/captcha

Not the words downloads which shouldn't be there.
    Anyone know what this is about?

any other captcha plug ins that may work better ?
    Tried the one from this site and it never showed up. I am using just WP not WPMU.

EDIT : I just discovered this same thing being added to one of my custom links for the register page. I have a widget on the right of the blog pages for membership and a link to the register page which goes nowhere. I checked the link in the widget and it is correct but when you look at it on the site it also adds downloads in it. all other links look correct so far. How is this happening?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JOE KARL,

The first thing to do is to de-activate all plugins except the ones (if any) that are related to the registration page, then check if the captcha is working.

If it is working then you want to start activating plugins one by one testing in between each activation to see if it had any effect. When you find the one that the captcha suddenly stops working after it was activated then you have found the conflict.

This is standard troubleshooting protocol.

Please advise which plugin is interfering with your captcha on your registration page.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• JOE KARL
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I do understand the "protocol" but that didn't yield a solution.

The captcha works find on all other pages. It's only the registration page and only effects the registration link.

I just turned off everything again and and just that on and it isn't even there. I checked to make sure it was selected in the settings.

Remember, its there but the image it self is somehow being pulled from a weird URL. See my first post.

Any ideas??

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JOE KARL,

I am with you on this and absolutely I read your post and was hoping we would find what was adding the downloads to the URL. Obviously that is the key to fixing this of course.

I do admit that it can be pretty challenging to support other peoples work, but we do our best here to help you with any WordPress issues at all.

Is there any chance that you have contacted the author of SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam plugin to see if they have a clue why this is occurring?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JOE KARL,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Erik,

Thank you for your input there and though you mentioned to PM you for the plugin why not just offer it here? If it is free and if not put a link to where they can buy it from and hopefully you will be kind enough to offer WPMU DEV community members a coupon?

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.