Captcha for Member signup Protected Content

We’re using Protected Content and have two membership levels. One is a Basic Free membership which is available for signup from the front-end.

When a user encounters a page/content that requires signup – they can either sign-in with an existing account or create a new account for the Basic Free member level.

My concern is that we may get spammy signups. Has anyone integrated a CAPTCHA into the auto generated account signup form that PC automatically creates?

Any ideas as to how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there Jeff,

Whilst captcha’s help with those old spambots, they don’t help with current ones that use OCR to bypass, or those human ones that charge a low fee and manually spam. I get sick of them myself.

I don’t know of one for Protected Content, but here’s an idea if you’re set on using it. When you view content currently you’re sent to a Protected Content page, you could get them to register there either through another plugin like BuddyPress, or push them through the WordPress signup process where you could utilise another plugin for the Captcha, maybe something like Are You Human (which apparently works with BuddyPress too):

https://wordpress.org/plugins/are-you-a-human/

Have an experiment and play, see what you think and if that might work for you. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.