Capture eMail for Market Press Buyers?

When someone buys something from a MarketPress enabled storefront, how can I export the name and email of the purchasers for use in an email newsletter?

My users have voiced it a priority to capture the email addresses of their buyers for follow up messages/emails/newsletters/announcements/etc.

Aside from going into the "Manage Orders" tab and manually scribing the names to their email, is there a better way? CVS export, perhaps? A link to MailChimp?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @jetmac,

You can export your orders on the manage orders page, this will export all the orders to a .csv file

However, you might want to add some kind of text on the order, to let your users know that by ordering they are signing up to a newsletter. ideally they should be opting in to any newsletters, not opting out. there are actually international laws against that and sites can be flagged as spam sites if it's not handled correctly..

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @jetmac,

I can certainly add this to the feature list for the developer to look at in the a future relase, sounds like a good idea. I know a lot of work has gone into version 3.0, so it might not be possible to add this to 3.0, the more features we keep pushing just keeps delaying the release, and people like yourself really need the 3.0 release as it's got many needed features. But possibly maybe 3.1. I can't give any ETA's though.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.