capture name and email to chat

Hello,

We're looking to replace our current chat plugin (currently PureChat).

I've downloaded and installed the WPMU DEV Chat plugin on our staging site to test it out.

We would like to have it so that people need to enter their name and email in order to begin the chat. However, does the plugin need to be set so that everyone who uses that chat needs to be registered on our web site?

In addition to a support tool, we use our current chat to answer questions from prospective customers. You can see an example of how we use it here: https://fitranx.com/

Thank you for your help!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Kevin,

However, does the plugin need to be set so that everyone who uses that chat needs to be registered on our web site?

No it does, not. You can set it up, that email and user name will be only things required for joining chat, without need for registration.
    In Authentication -> "Other Login Options:" choose Public users and in "What to show non-Authenticated user' select login form

so users will see this

In addition to a support tool, we use our current chat to answer questions from prospective customers.

If by that you mean that when no-on is online user can send email message instead of chatting, then I'm sorry, but I have to inform you that our plugin does not have that option at the moment.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.