Car Rental Website functionLITY

I am trying to redevelop a Car Rental website (www.jnfqatar.com) in wordpress. Reasons for redevelopments are: Restructuring for better presentation, Beautification, Functionality addition, etc.
Some of the functionalities are already there, done by the previous developer. I have no idea how he did it. The theme used at that time is not availabe now. And I have no idea what all are the plugins he used. He might have dome some coding also.

The functionality I want to indlude in the dynamic website are:
- Creating Vehicle Records with lot of attributes including custom taxonomies (searchable/sortable)
- Small Sliders on Home Page (not full width)
- Search/Sort vehicles based on several criteria, including custom taxonomies
- Request for Quotation (one or multiple vehicles)
- Generate & send Quotation (keep a copy of the pdf in the site itself)
- Allow the customer to Book Now (one or more vehicles) based on the Quotation
- Update the availability of vehicles
- Custom Labels on Vehicle pictures (Example: Sold Out, Reserved, Available, etc.)

I understand all these can be achieved by the combination of a good theme plus several plugins. But what I do not know is how to integrate all these plugins seamlessly so that they talk to each other. For example one plugin can do a search/sort and select a vehicle, another one can do a Request for Quote and yet another one can do Booking. The problem is how will the second plugin know what the first plugin has selected. Similarly how will the third plugin know the request details in order to book. The problem is because all these are different plugins from different sources and done for different purposes. I believe you understood what I meant.

I do not know php or html. I myself have developed a website, but without user-interactive functionality (www.ejconsultingit.com).

I will appreciate it very much if you can give me some guidance in achieving what I am looking for. Can I expect a response from you? I have taken one year FULL Membership seeing the Labels on your website: Submit feature requests and we'll develop our plugins just for you & It's like having your own personal WordPress development team.

I might need to redefine the functionality mentioned above after hearing from you.

Thomas Mathew

• Tyler Postle

Hey Thomas,

Hope you're doing well today and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

- Creating Vehicle Records with lot of attributes including custom taxonomies (searchable/sortable)

Do you have a custom post type at all for this? If not, then creating one will be the best way to go. You could also try out Directory plugin for this purpose: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-directory/

It has custom taxonomies built in that you can customize the labels of.

- Search/Sort vehicles based on several criteria, including custom taxonomies

We can use an advanced search plugin for this that allows the searching of custom post types :slight_smile:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/ultimate-wp-query-search-filter/

- Small Sliders on Home Page (not full width)

There are a ton of different slider plugins out there many of which you can use in widgets. It looks like your theme may have widgets on the front page in which case you can use a slider plugin such as this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ml-slider/

It will give you a slider shortcode that you can place in the widget, so you don't need to go into any code or anything. If you don't have widgets on your home page then we can always take a look into the code with you :slight_smile:

- Request for Quotation (one or multiple vehicles)

You could use a contact form plugin for this. Gravity forms is a very popular choice as well as Ninja forms and Formidable pro.

This way you can have a request a quote page where they can tell you which vehicle(s) they want quotes for :slight_smile:

- Generate & send Quotation (keep a copy of the pdf in the site itself)

This one is a bit more difficult, I'm not sure how you are planning on generating the quote? Is the quote for each vehicle always the same? Of course, you can always manually send them the quote and keep a file for yourself but that doesn't sound like what you are going for here.

- Allow the customer to Book Now (one or more vehicles) based on the Quotation

We have an apppointments plugin that allows for booking times, so you could use it to allow booking vehicles. I'm not sure what the based on quotation means? Our plugin allows you to set different providers, which in this case you could use 'providers' as cars perhaps, then set different prices for each car you add.

- Update the availability of vehicles

Our Appointments plugin could potentially do this for you as it would show which providers(cars) are available and what isn't. If you are showing this information somewhere else as well then you would need to update it there yourself.

- Custom Labels on Vehicle pictures (Example: Sold Out, Reserved, Available, etc.)

You could add in a field for this but it wouldn't integrate with appointments+ and frankly that would require a lot of custom coding. You would need to hire a develop for that sort of functionality. We do have a Job Board for those exact types of situations though: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

I will appreciate it very much if you can give me some guidance in achieving what I am looking for. Can I expect a response from you?

We are more than happy to help you guide you on this goal Thomas :slight_smile:

We will answer all WordPress related questions, regardless of whether or not it has to do with our plugins.

When it comes to custom code, we provide custom CSS solutions or code snippets through the forums, and we love doing that for our members; however, it does have a limit, integrating three different plugins together that weren't meant to be integrated would be a very large development job - we can provide guidance on this, but won't be able to custom develop the whole setup.

When it comes to adding features to our plugins, we take all feature requests and many of the features are plugins have now are ones requested from users :slight_smile:

Hope this helps Thomas! I look forward to hearing back from you and helping you get going on this website.

Have a great weekend.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.