I am trying to redevelop a Car Rental website (www.jnfqatar.com) in wordpress. Reasons for redevelopments are: Restructuring for better presentation, Beautification, Functionality addition, etc.
Some of the functionalities are already there, done by the previous developer. I have no idea how he did it. The theme used at that time is not availabe now. And I have no idea what all are the plugins he used. He might have dome some coding also.
The functionality I want to indlude in the dynamic website are:
- Creating Vehicle Records with lot of attributes including custom taxonomies (searchable/sortable)
- Small Sliders on Home Page (not full width)
- Search/Sort vehicles based on several criteria, including custom taxonomies
- Request for Quotation (one or multiple vehicles)
- Generate & send Quotation (keep a copy of the pdf in the site itself)
- Allow the customer to Book Now (one or more vehicles) based on the Quotation
- Update the availability of vehicles
- Custom Labels on Vehicle pictures (Example: Sold Out, Reserved, Available, etc.)
I understand all these can be achieved by the combination of a good theme plus several plugins. But what I do not know is how to integrate all these plugins seamlessly so that they talk to each other. For example one plugin can do a search/sort and select a vehicle, another one can do a Request for Quote and yet another one can do Booking. The problem is how will the second plugin know what the first plugin has selected. Similarly how will the third plugin know the request details in order to book. The problem is because all these are different plugins from different sources and done for different purposes. I believe you understood what I meant.
I do not know php or html. I myself have developed a website, but without user-interactive functionality (www.ejconsultingit.com).
I will appreciate it very much if you can give me some guidance in achieving what I am looking for. Can I expect a response from you? I have taken one year FULL Membership seeing the Labels on your website: Submit feature requests and we'll develop our plugins just for you & It's like having your own personal WordPress development team.
I might need to redefine the functionality mentioned above after hearing from you.