Cards are not being charged! The campaign is full funded, 53 cards are pre-approved, but no funds!

This is an EMERGENCY.

We’re on our second campaign.

53 cards have been pre-approved.

The campaign is full funded.

But cards are not being charged and no money has moved to our account!

If we can’t charge their cards, we can’t move to the next step in our process to create their product and if we can’t do that we can’t fulfill the promises we’ve made to our client.

How shall we proceed?!?

I’ve granted access to Vinod to our test version (wp3) so he could solve the problem of getting the addresses out of the system without messing up our live site. But the current problem is on the live site.

This is quickly becoming a quagmire.

How shall we proceed?!?

Both of our outstanding issues emergencies and so far I’ve heard nothing positive from Vinod.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear you’re still having issues.

I don’t see 53 pre-approved transactions on your wp3 site.

there are 5 pre-approved with 37 pre-approved in trash and 14 in cancelled.

or am I looking in the wrong place? I see most are completed for the freeway flyer campaign, so those funds should be in your account.

I am not sure if the pre-approved cards will be completed on the date the fundraiser expires or whether it should be taken when the goal is reached. But the campaign actually expires in 6 days.

As this is an emergency though, I think it might be best if we can get the developer here for some assistance so we can possibly deal with this quickly for you.

I have alerted the developer and hopefully he should respond shortly.

• Peter van Gorder
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Like I said,

an auxiliary problem is that we’ve granted access to Vinod for our /wp3/ TEST version so he can debug without disturbing the live site.

But both problems actually exists on our LIVE site in the /wp1/ folder.

Your system doesn’t allow me to give access to both.

To answer the question of when cards are charged;

On our first campaign the cards were charged when we hit 100% funding which was well before the date deadline.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Peter,

Because you are a single member, the system only allows 1 domain to be supported.

You can remove the domain here. https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/users.php?page=wdpun

Then add the domain for your live site instead, this should then allow the dashboard plugin to fully work on that domain/site instead.

Alternatively, you can email the details using the following contact form (select i have a different question from the dropdown.)

Contact Us

Mark for attn: Maniu

Include a ref URL to this thread.

Please include the following details;

– Site login details (super-admin if on multisite)

– FTP login details in case need to check the plugin files.

Thanks

• Peter van Gorder

Here’s the update on this issue:

IF we use the “Add Funds” button on the “Funds” page in the admin area it will not trigger the system to charge the cards if it reaches our goal.

IF we donate actual dollars (from the front end, the normal public way), and those funds reach our goal, then yes it works and cards are charged.

This should narrow it down pretty well.

I’ll re-word it this way: Putting funds in the back end that makes a campaign reach our 100% goal will NOT trigger the cards to be charged. But it should.

And I’ve given access on the back end to our LIVE site – so please be careful!

Thanks!

• Peter van Gorder

I just found this in your documentation:

“Anything you ADD from the back/Admin area of Pledges is only

a Manual Transaction. You cannot force Paypal Transactions from the backend/Admin Add Pledge

Menu.”

So, it looks like the plugin is behaving the way it is designed (even though that doesn’t really make sense to us and the way we’d use it).

Can you answer this? though, while I have your attention : ) ….

If a fundraiser is set to end on a date, say 12/25/2014, does it end in the morning (the START of 12/25), or at midnight (the very END of 12/25) ?

This was not covered in the documentation.

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @peter van Gorder

Automatically triggering something that was manually added is close to impossible. So yes, the plugin is working the way it was designed.

Fundraiser will end when end date will start (according to your WP time zone settings)

Thanks,

Maniu

Edit: I did not notice previous answer. I see the problem…. manual pledges are not triggering goal checking. I just wonder if mistake overthere might not cause issues. Maybe it will be better to add a button.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.