Cart does not function in Internet Explorer 11

Hi,

I really don't think this is a browser issue. I am attaching three screenshots to show the cart problem. The cart works fine from the front page; however, if you go to an individual product page and add a product to the cart, it will show up on the sidebar. However, if you look at the top cart, it shows 0 products. Then, if you click on Show Cart, you will see the product in the cart, but still the "0" products in the cart. THEN, when you click on Checkout, everything swaps places and the top will show "1" item in the Cart, but the page shows "the cart is empty."

Please look at the screenshots and let me know what you think (there is not an area to add images from inside the dashboard, so I will go back and edit once this is posted). Yes, client is using IE11, but the cart should work in any browser, right?

Thanks,

Beverly

p.s. I posted this under the other site that is also not working properly, but this is the site that is urgent. The client now has HIS clients calling me to tell me they cannot place an order. I have also had another web developer in the area test on their computer, and they get the same disfunction. Thank you.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @bevthegeek,

This sounds like a cache issue. Do you have any cache plugins installed such as W3 Total Cache? Can you try disabling them and see if it starts to work.

Depending on the cache plugin,

Add some exceptions for the following cookies:

PHPSESSID
    mp_globalcart_*

If you are using W3 Total Cache you'll want to add this to the Reject cookies setting (one item per line).

Hope this helps

• bevthegeek
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

I am not running any cache plugins. Plus, calls from customers are now coming in from other states and clients, not just my iPad, laptop, Mac, or desktop.

Also, I have allowed Access, so if you would take a look, or try it on your computer. Thanks...

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @bevthe geek,

I can't see any issues on the site.

I have tested using my browser (I use Linux) Chrome & FF, also tested using my Google Nexus tablet, it works perfectly fine.

I have asked other staff to test too, and they have tested with Mac, and ipads and they reported it works fine for them too, but it doesn't seem to like IE 10 or 11.

Could you temporarily switch to the default twentyfourteen theme and see if it works then, so we can eliminate a theme issue?

Thanks

• bevthegeek

I have activated the Twenty Fourteen theme. Just to be clear, the cart works if you click on the Add to Cart from the front page. However, if you go to an individual product page and use the add to Cart, this is where things don't work. I have had three calls from the client today and he had one of his customer call me - again. I want to thank you for your diligence, but also want to make sure that you are Not adding to the cart from the front page. This seems to work okay. It is if you add from inside a product page.
    Thank you.

Also, you are testing the btgstudentwebsites.com/espresso correct? and not the apple pie? I don't even want to look at another cart until I get this cart working.

p.s. If you think this is some kind of caching issue, would you suggest that I install something like W3 and then add the code you suggested? I don't know what else to do.

Thanks again,

Beverly

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi @bevthegeek,

I was testing your site btgstudentwebsites.com/espresso, adding a product to the cart from the product page using IE, and was able to see the issue with the number in the top cart not being updated. BUT, I still can go trough view cart->checkout and complete the checkout.

After that, I was running the same test in my own environment, using the same theme and setup and it seems to work just fine in IE. Did you make any custom change to the theme or plugin? Please let me know if this is the case.

Also, to move forward with the debugging, I'll need you to send some info via contact form.

Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Jose
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS and custom changes for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks,
    JJ

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

I'm attaching the fixed file for reference.

The changed file is part of Framemarket theme and is located here: wp-content\themes\framemarket\library\scripts\slidingcart.js

The issue was related to jQuery.load() method fetching content from cache. I added a timestamp to the URL.

jQuery("#panel").bind("html", function () {
            var random = new Date().getTime();
            var separator = window.location.href.indexOf('?') != -1 ? "&" : "?";
    		var loadedContent = jQuery("#cart-contents").load(window.location.href+separator+"timestamp="+random+" #cart-contents span");
    	}).initMutation('html');

Cheers!

• bevthegeek

Hello,

Just one more question :slight_smile: I see there is a MarketPress ecommerce update from the WPMUDEV dashboard. Will this update affect the fixed file used on the site? If so, I won't want to update, will I?

Thank you,

Beverly

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @bevthegeek,

No, the change Jose made was in the Framemarket theme & not marketpress, so updating marketpress will not affect this fix.

If you update the frame market theme though, this fix will be lost unless the update includes this fix already, hopefully it should.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.