Cart Not Adding Products Correctly and Customers Can't Check Out

I'm starting a new ticket for this to help expedite it. The cart is not adding correctly and therefore the customers cannot check out. See the attached screenshot for an example. My client has lost several days of sales, so hopefully you can help with this quickly. You have access to the site. Thank you.

• Ben
    • The Reaper

@Tony

Thought i would help you ask your question a little better because the way you are describing the issue is different than what I am seeing.

I am able to add stuff to your shopping cart.

I am able to put in my customer info in.

I run into a problem when attempting to complete the check out. Theoretically it should be sending me to paypal to finalize the order according to checkout screen. However it is giving the following message:

Oops! An error occurred while processing your payment.
    10413 - The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

Attached is a screenshot. Good luck!

• Tony
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Ben, That's because it is not adding the product to the order. The totals are not correct in the stage before. Before, the upgrade customers could check out. It only shows the sales tax and shipping. Thanks for the suggestion and showing the screenshot. I thought at first you were staff!

• Tony

Ben here is the screenshot where I get the error message with another product. It's not adding the product price to order so it's not sending to paypal because the cart is showing $22.99, but the marketpress order on the screenshot is only showing the tax and shipping and not the $22.99. It's showing $7.59 due.

• Ben
    • The Reaper

How come on my screen shot it says tax included and appears to be the right cart total?

Noticing on one screenshot it says tax included, but then it appears to have a line for tax

Also noticing on your other screenshot your order total is taxes + shipping and its not catching the product total.

• Tony

Yes. It's a big bug. It's not adding the product price to the orders. The tax is because the client is located in Illinois, and that was the address of the order, so we have to charge tax there. My best guess is there is a bug with the table rates for shipping and tax. I'm hoping there is a patch because all these bugs have had my client down since the update on Friday and customers and my client are complaining! Thanks for taking a look. May want to check your site!

• Tony

Orders where there are no tax and shipping are being processed as free since the product is not being added. We have orders going in as free outside Illinois. See screenshot (I erased the customer info).

• Tony

No, this one is not multi-site. Thanks, though. I can try that. I'm guessing just on the product pages. I'd gladly do that if it fixes it. The categories and sorting such as by price doesn't work, the tags (and I reentered them) and on one product for some reason doesn't show a description? Anyway, thanks for the advice.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Tony,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking.

We recently found that issue may have been caused by table rate shipping option. If you temporarily swap to flat rate or another option then it should work fine. One of our developer already working on it. So please stay tuned with update.

Meanwhile would you please try this patch released by our developer to solve table rate shipping issue till plugin update released ?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/when-coupon-code-entered-and-apply-code-is-clicked-the-coupon-is-not-applied?replies=11&bb_attachments=1001180&bbat=81651

You only need to replace the plugin files via FTP.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Let me know if you need help installing the plugin.

Cheers!
    Milan.

• Tony

Hi Milan, thanks, for looking into this. Shipping to flat rate really isn't an option because he ships to Canada and sometimes the orders are large. He would need to eat all those shipping costs. I'd happily replace those files but I want to be clear...am I just uploading the entire folder? Or do I need to replace the updates folder or the entire marketpress folder marked plugin? I don't recall a folder named this and want to replace the correct one. Once you tell me, I will do it and report back. Thanks.

• Tony

Milan, Just so you know the patch did not patch easily. It froze, etc.

But I got. It did allow me to go to pay pal and added tax + shipping + product correctly. It added the product and not the sales tax and shipping where appropriate.

However, in a state where we must charge sales tax and there is no shipping, it failed to add the tax. See the screen shot.

I feel like we are Beta testers at an important time of the year. I can't even charge clients for all these hours!!

There are other bugs like categories, tags and a missing description for a product and HUGE images despite changing them in the store settings that also need to be addressed. I think you guys/gals are great in the support arena, but this update?

BUT, thank you all for your support and hot fixes, etc. See the screen shot.

• Tony

When I went into the admin, plug-in central told me the patch did not work and to click to reload correctly. I did. The tax is not adding at all. Product plus shipping minus tax. It does not add up correctly. Should be $24.17

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Tony,

I hope you are having a good day.

Sorry to hear that patch is not working for you. If it's possible for you please roll back to older version for some time. Our developer already working on this, I am sure they will release some patch or update for this issue soon.

Meanwhile please stay tuned with updates and be patient. I hope you will co-operate. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kindest Regards,
    Milan.

• Tony

Hi Milan,

By older version, I'm assuming you mean 2.92 or pre-3.0.07? Let me do another test today, as orders are at least coming through now charging the product price and shipping correctly outside Ill. I hate to cause this client any more downtime. I also fear this problem may start again https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/orders-not-showing-and-fatal-error#post-1001011 which took days to fix and rendered the store useless.

Please let me know when there are fixes though. Thanks for the help.

• Tony

I'm closing this out as developers there know about the store not adding sales tax, but it's not totally resolved.

Please do not forget to send me a hot fix or update when there is one (which should be quick as the store needs to collect tax!).

Thanks for helping me as much as possible at this time! I do appreciate it, but all these bugs during the holiday season have been frustrating.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Tony,

Wit latest Market-press many of the tax related issues has been fixed. Can you be sure that you've not set up product price inclusive of tax ?

If you have setup product price inclusive of tax then plugin assumes that you'll enter price along with tax calculated. You can check price inclusive of tax setting under Store General > Enter price inclusive of tax .

I've attached screenshot for you to display visual navigation. :slight_smile:

Warmest Regards,
    Milan.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Tony,

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

It seems to me that solution fixed your issue, so I am marking this thread as closed. If solution worked for you then you don't need to reply me back here. :slight_smile: But if its still causing issue then feel free to reopen this and let us know. :slight_smile:

Thanks for being with us. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.