Catalog capabilities?

I was wondering how to remove the shopping cart and order status page. I primarily want to use this as a catalog to view products.

Thanks!

• Tammy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello –

Is there a way to customize the “add to cart” button on the products page or remove it entirely so that people have to go to the individual product’s page to buy? I know I can customize where the “add to cart” button points; I’m talking about customizing the words to replace “add to cart” or delete the button entirely without having to re-do it each time the plugin updates.

Thanks!

• Tammy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks, Mark. I know how to create a custom template in wp, but I don’t know how to do that for the MarketPress plugin’s pages and also make sure any customizing doesn’t get overwritten when MarketPress upgrades.

Does anyone know if there’s something I can add to functions.php to remove the “add to cart” buttons on the products page (as opposed to the individual product’s page)?

• Mark Morgan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

You just put the custom MarketPress theme pages in the same folder as your site’s theme (wp-content/themes/somethemeyoursiteuses). This is what we’ve done on our latest project and it has not had an issues. It will not be overriden for plugin updates.

In this case you would create a custom page named either mp_store.php or mp_productlist.php This is from Themeing_MarketPress.txt:

Advanced Themes:

MarketPress uses custom post types to display it’s products. This means that you can use

the same WP theme templating system you are familiar with. We simply provide a customized

subset of template functions so you don’t have to worry about dealing with post meta. Template

functions are fully documented and can be found in the /marketpress/template-functions.php file.

MarketPress searches your current theme folder for template files specific to store pages. If a template file does not exist it loads the theme’s page template instead. Just like WP, the

plugin will search for templates in order of priority from top to bottom. Here are possible

file names for store templates in order:

Single Product Page

mp_product-PRODUCTNAME.php

mp_product-PRODUCTID.php

mp_product.php

Store Page

mp_store.php

Cart/Checkout Page

mp_cart.php

Order Status Page

mp_orderstatus.php

Product List Page

mp_productlist.php

Product Category List Page

mp_category-CATEGORYSLUG.php

mp_category-CATEGORYID.php

mp_category.php

mp_taxonomy.php

mp_productlist.php

Product Tag List Page

mp_tag-TAGSLUG.php

mp_tag-TAGID.php

mp_tag.php

mp_taxonomy.php

mp_productlist.php

Global Listings – Will only work on main site/blog

Product List Page

mp_global_products.php

mp_productlist.php

Product Category List Page

mp_global_category-CATEGORYSLUG.php

mp_global_category.php

mp_global_category_list.php

Product Tag List Page

mp_global_tag-TAGSLUG.php

mp_global_tag.php

mp_global_tag_list.php

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.