Catchable fatal error

I get the error

Catchable fatal error: Argument 2 passed to DOMXPath::query() must be an instance of DOMNode, null given, called in /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpresss-integration/whmcs-integration.php on line 512 and defined in /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpresss-integration/whmcs-integration.php on line 826

on all pages using the shortcode. What could be the root of this problem?
I have viewed some other issues but can't seem to find a fix.

Thank you.

• aecnu

Greetings brettlewis,

Unfortunately this is an error that I am unable to reproduce therefore I will need to seek developer input to see if they have any ideas on what may be causing this.

Therefore before we proceed to get the lead developer involved, lets vover the specs of what we are dealing with:

WordPress 3.3.1?
    MultiSite or Solo?
    Buddy Press 1.5.5?
    WHMCS WP Integration 1.0.3.2?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings brettlewis,

Aha! the additional information above has pointed out that you indeed have found the issue.

It seems that the issue stemmed from the theme being used in WHMCS. once default portal theme was put back in place the plugin worked.

As the plugin is right now one MUST use the Portal theme to use this plugin.

I admit I personally am not happy with being forced to use the portal theme and have been evidently trying to find a way around it with another member but to date with no luck:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/featurebugfix-whmcs-theme

However, one could simply argue that why not just use your current portal since you like it so much instead of integrating into yet another site?

I actually have several answers for that .... lol

Summary:

Currently you MUST use the portal theme for this to work correctly.

I myself wish it were different and hoping to find a way around it.

There is no issue in this ticket because this is exactly how the developer intends it to work though I personally wish I could choose any theme.

Sincerely, Joe

• brettlewis

Yeah. I guess I understand why it is like that now. But don't understand how/why this is a limitation. I haven't really been using WHMCS for that long so It really isn't a problem using the portal theme, but some of the other themes have some nice checkout features (I guess that could be the problem). Although I have been able to fix most of that with some css, it's not really ideal.

• aecnu

Greetings brettlewis,

I am with you on this, though you gave me a brilliant idea that perhaps modifying the portal theme css itself may be an option.

I honestly do not know why it must be this way to have to use the Portal theme, and my own theme is much nicer .... lol

This plugin is not even quite two weeks old so maybe once the developer settles down a little bit (I see he has older php version problems in other tickets) we can get him to work on possibly making it so that we can use the theme of our choice :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.