categories from network site

Hi,

I am looking for support on AutoBlog. My website is a movie related news site and i need to access content from 3subsites with 10+categories but when i installed AutoBlog and proccessed the batch.
1. Its not only showing content in selected category but also showing content in other categories.
2. Its not importing featured images but taking first image of post.
3. I need articles from day one of website but autoBlog pulling from the time feed created even if the dates are select past.
Can you look into this and fix as soon as possible.

• Dimitris

Hey there Raj,

hope you're doing good today and thanks for reaching us!

1. Its not only showing content in selected category but also showing content in other categories.

It seems that all of your feed URLs are being redirected to http://gallery.cinemamasthi.in/feed/.
    Could you please try to use
    http://gallery.cinemamasthi.in/category/gallery/actress/feed
    instead of
    http://gallery.cinemamasthi.in/category/gallery/actress/
    and test if this continues? If not, append the /feed part to the remaining feeds.

2. Its not importing featured images but taking first image of post.

This is happening because the featured images aren't part of the feed URL. Your workaround here should be to fetch the first image and use this as the featured image, just like you have done already in "Actors" feed.

3. I need articles from day one of website but autoBlog pulling from the time feed created even if the dates are select past.

Normally, the feed URLs contains just a number of latest posts rather than the whole content ever made. This is something that can' be surpassed unfortunately. :slight_frown:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hey there Raj,

my colleague Alex notified me about your conversation in chat. As far as I understood your main issue here is that you want to fetch the whole content of an external domain, but this is something that can be happened only through RSS feeds, which normally have a upper limit, for example, last 10 posts. This limit is being set from the site you're trying to fetch and can't do anything about it through Snapshot or another RSS importer plugin.

Is there any plugin which just show content from other subdomains so where will be no importing stuff? By that i think i can show that those list of categories.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this as I find myself confused... :slight_frown:

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Raj!

The "www.cinemamasthi.in" is your Multisite Network and you are fetching RSS feeds from sub-sites to the main site, all within the same Multisite. Is that right?

1. Can this feed import posts with featured image? How can i see no broken image for a feed post?

In most cases the "Featured Image" is simply not added to the feed. Autoblog can only work with the content that's been delivered to it in RSS feed so if a feed doesn't include the "Featured Image" the plugin won't be able to use it.

If there's any image in the post content item of the feed, Autoblog can fetch it if you set it to use "first image".

The simplest workaround for this would be to make sure that the "Featured Image" is added to the feed and it's actually added there as the first image at all so this one would be fetched by Autoblog. To do this you may give one of this plugins a try:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/rss-image-feed/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/featured-images-for-rss-feeds/

The should adjust the RSS feed by taking the "Featured Image" from the post and adding it as a first image in (or even above) the content in a feed that is delivered to the Autoblog. Autoblog would then fetch the "first image" available and thanks to one of these plugins that would be your real "Featured Image".

2. Can i atleast get 100 previous posts from feed so that helps.

Try doing it like this:

- go to the dashboard of the sub-site from which you are taking the feed
    - go to the "Settings -> Reading" page there
    - set the "Syndication feeds shot the most recent" option to "100" and save settings
    - (optionally) on the same page you may set the "For each article in a feed show" option to deliver "Full text" instead of "Summary"; that is in case you'd like to import full posts instead of just excerpts.

- go to "Autoblog -> All feeds" settings page on your main site
    - Edit the feed and make sure that the "Import the most recent" option is set to "posts" (with no number in front) as it should set all the posts that Autoblog can handle; Alternatively set this to "100 posts".

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Raj!

I checked the feed for "gallery" sub-site (Actress) and it now seem to include the "Featured Image" from original post. Seeing that this feed has been already processed about 5 minutes ago I also checked your main site (Actress category) and I see that the recent post from that feed has been properly imported and has the "Featured Image" set.

This seems to be working fine then.

The other settings (the number of posts) also looks fine. I'm not sure though if all the posts will be processed "in one go" because it may depend on your WP/server settings (it's a background task triggered by cron). So it may take a bit more time to update all of these 100 recent posts but I think it all looks like it's working fine now.

Please check if i set it up rightly. As i see subdomain post set to event category but in main domain even if its not set to a category sometimes appending other categories. please check it.

I'm not quite sure what do you mean by this. I see that the "Actress" feed from gallery site is set to add posts to the "Actress" category and it seems to be working. Are you referring to the fact that sometimes additional categories are appended?

If so, go to feed settings and in "Treat feed categories as" drop-down box select empty line instead of "categories" or "tags" option. Autoblog shouldn't then create any additional categories and instead only post to the category that you selected.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.