categories vs pages

I am creating a website for a bakery & cafe. We have products to sell on & off line. I have created these in the product section and they appear under the categories I choose. But how do I get them to show up on the pages?

Also, using gridmarket theme, how can I put in content in the body of the main page in addition to the products there?

• beanfair
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Just trying to clarify your request. You have products with a category like baking mixes and you want to create a page that just shows those products categorized as baking mixes?

There are several different ways to do that example in regular wordpress using short codes, php or the menu. It sounds like you are wanting something that is theme specific. I suggest that you move this post to the theme forum instead of the wordpress forum. It would be really helpful if you would post a link to your site as well.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @dailybread

Thank you for your post and being part of our Community!

Would it be possible to share a link of your site as it is currently? This will help me to determine what you’ve done so far and how to guide you from this point forward.

Have a good day and look forward to hear back from you.

Gina

• dailybread
    • New Recruit

Thank you for the welcome, I can tell already that this site and going to be a great help.

Here is the site: http://www.dailybreadstl.com/

Ideally the pages would have a body text that would brag about how great everything is, how it is made etc. then we have products to sell underneath.

I would use the categories to guide them to specific products based on their needs.

Note that one of the page links leads to our current site that we will replace when our new WordPress site is built!

• Ella
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi baker,

When I understood you good, you want a page where you show one category?

1. make a page type how tasteful and healthy everything is and ten use the short code [mp_list_products category=”category-name”]

I Made it like that when you look at my site http://ellad2.com you will see tutorials categories, that are all pages with a shortcode of that category.

When I did not understood you good, please try it again.

Ella

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Thank you @ella for your input. It’s great when fellow members jump in to help others. And you’re speaking out of experience, which makes it all so much more valuable.

And your site is as always very nicely done! It is actually very inspiring!

Have a great day and wish you all the best.

Gina

• dailybread
    • New Recruit

Thank you for your reply.

I put in the code reccomended put in the correct “category” but. I did this in the text box underneath the body copy but it didn’t show up correctly on the website. Could you tell me what I did wrong?

Thank you,

Patrick

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.