Category and Listing Thumbnails for Directory Plugin

Hi - I want a list of categories to have a featured image displayed next to the category. Also, when I click on the category, I want thumbnails to show up next to each listing (featured photo for each listing preferably).

I ideally would not like to hard code anything. Can you suggest what to do?

Thanks!

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @launchingfrog

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member of our community.

I had a good look at what you would like to achieve and at what the Directory Plugin currently offers. So let me tackle your requests one by one :slight_smile:

I want a list of categories to have a featured image displayed next to the category.

You can use the 'List of Categories' shortcode [dr_list_categories] which will display a list of categories. However, here I want to mention that the end result will also depend on what styling your theme currently uses. And you can add attributes to the shortcode that is provided. Also, if you also don't want to do hard coding I was wondering if you would consider setting up your own shortcode as hard coding? I was just brainstorming and trying to think a bit out of the box here. Here are a few links that might be useful if you choose to consider creating your own shortcode:

Shortcodes Ultimate
    Shortcoder
    ShortCodes UI
    http://hackadelic.com/the-right-way-to-shortcodize-wordpress-widgets

when I click on the category, I want thumbnails to show up next to each listing (featured photo for each listing preferably).

When adding a new listing, please select the Featured Image option and add your image of choice. This would automatically display a thumbnail image next to each listing on the Listing Page.

Please see my screenshots as support to my post.

I wish you all the best with setting up your site and let me know if you need any further support.

Have a good weekend.

Gina

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings launchingfrog,

Just touching base with you to let you now that the new version of Directory plugin is out and to please install it asap if you have not already.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.