Category protected posts showing in search results

I am using Membership 2 Pro's Category Protection to protect my posts depending on the categories they are in. My problem is that Membership 2 is blocking pages based on memberships, however the search function is still showing the results for post titles and excerpts. When visitors click on those posts, they then appear to be a protected post with protection message. Normally, it shouldn't show the protected posts in search results anyway. Please advise.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Michael,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I was able to replicate that issue either. There's an add-on "Hide Pages From Search" that you can activate on "Membership 2 -> Add-ons" page and that should help for those that are directly protected (e.g. via "Membership 2 -> Protection Rules -> Pages" settings).

Unfortunately, that doesn't work with content protected by "Category Protection". I have just talked to one of our developers about it and he confirmed that they're aware of this and are working on a fix.

The fix should be released with one of the nearest releases so please keep the plugin up to date and also keep an eye on this thread in case we had additional information for you regarding this.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.