Category & tag listing for CustomPress content

Hello.

I have created a custom content type with CustomPress and it does use categories and tags.

These posts are not showing up in category/tag listings on the page i.e. domain.tld/category/nameofcategory

Is there any way I can make them appear there?

Thanks.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Qlof,

Custom Post Types won't be combined with normal posts, even if you choose to use the default categories. This is because WordPress does a standard posts query.

You should use another page for the custom posts, and link to it separately. When editing the post type, the "rewrite" and "has archive" settings will allow you to determine the permalink for this post type.

Best regards,

• Qlof
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello.

I have done that too with custom content listing... But my theme is automatically linking the category and tags. This is the only content type that I use category and tags for so it would be good if there was a way to get it in there... i.e. changing it so that only this custom content is listed in category & tag listings. Would that be possible?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Categories and Tags are Taxonomies. And they are reserved for Wordpress Posts. Wordpress does all sorts of specific things with it and you'll be fighting all of that trying to do what you describe above.

You really need to make your own custom taxonomy for your custom type. You can give it whatever slug you like. such as /genre/.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.