Category Widgets Will Not Work On Blogs MU Theme

Disregard

• aecnu

Greetings Phil D,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

Here is a test on a production server and production site as well in which I cannot replicate the reported issue, at least with the regular WordPress categories and I put your name in it as well.

http://wpmu-hosting.org/

I do not know what else to check and everything works as anticipated, It is also a MultiSite of my hosting properties consisting of five sites.

My permalinks setting is /%postname%/ and as I mentioned it works flawlessly.

UPDATE: lol - I just seen your disregard message.

Cheers, Joe

• SooBahkDo

Thanks Joe,

It turned out the issue was that the site is constructed with high dependence on a plugin that allows assignment of categories and tags to pages and there was an issue with that plugin.

Post Tags and Categories for Pages
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/post-tags-and-categories-for-pages/

Apparently pages that had previously been assigned categories and tags showed up in the default WP category widget and in AVH Extended Category Widget list of categories even though both were set NOT to display empty categories.

So with the Post Tags and Categories for Pages plugin not working the categories previously assigned to pages still displayed in the widgets, but clicking on them resulted in no results found because only pages were categorized on the site, not posts and WP search ignores pages.

NOTE: when Post Tags and Categories for Pages was inactive, no other search feature could locate the pages by category that had categories assigned to them. Search Everything nor Relavanssi would produce results.

Once the issue with Post Tags and Categories for Pages was resolved, (deactivated and reactivated) then things functioned correctly.

Drove me crazy..ier. :slight_smile:

I only discovered the cure right after posting this issue, thus the disregard.

Thanks for jumping in.

Phil D

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.