CDN for fast picture upload

Hallo support,
I have used WPmudev CDN facility for fast picture upload for years. I know you have changed a lot, but I’m confused about problems with loading my picture on my site netchange.dk The speed of the site is so slow.
I use Hummingbird Pro and Smush Pro, but I think Hummingbird Pro aren’t configure correct.
I use WP Engine as host and are not interesting in changing. How do I establish my CDN for picture again?
I have a lot of project just now and haven’t time to read all the documentation. I hope you can shortcut my learning curve and give me a hint what to do.
On beforehand thank you
Bo Folkmann

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello bof2223

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I see that you’ve already granted support access to the site and I’ll be happy to assist you but I’m slightly confused with the case so I’d appreciate some additional information.

You mentioned that you’ve been using “WPMU DEV CDN facility for fast picture upload for years” but we only introduced CDN for images with version 3 of Smush Pro plugin which has been released on December 5th 2018 (so less than a year ago).

There was WPMU DEV CDN before that available in Hummingbird, in Asset Optimization settings but that’s a different thing and it never supported (and still doesn’t) images – it was and is only for optimized JS/CSS assets on site but not for images.

There’s no other CDN than these two: WPMU DEV CDN in Hummingbird’s “Asset Optimization” and Smush CDN in Smush Pro plugin for images.

That being said, I can see you do have Smush Pro and its CDN option enabled on the main site of your Multisite and that seems to be working as the images (except for those coming from 3rd-party sources and those that are added as CSS backgrounds) are served from Smush CDN currently.

The Asset Optimization in Hummingbird, on the other hand, seems to be disabled currently so you’re right about it – it’s not configured. You’d need to go to Network Admin first and enabled it on “Hummingbird -> Asset Optimization” page then configure it for each of the sites of your Multisite.

However, images and the Asset Optimization tool of Hummingbird are two separate things and you’re mentioning slow speed but also asking about CDN for images while this is already enabled and seems to be working. Hence my confusion.

If you could please explain a bit more what issues with images are you experiencing exactly and what do you mean by the “WPMU DEV CDN” that you’ve been using for images previously – that’d help me understand the case better and I’ll be happy to check the site again then and do my best to assist you with improvements.

Best regards,
    Adam

• bof2223
    • Flash Drive

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your support.

Everything working again.

I was working with some new pages and add some new pictures. The load time was very slow and it’s seams the picture was not able to load. I test some articles site with same result. The picture can’t load.

Now when the load time it’s working again, I think Smush Pro was working simultaneous with my test of load time for some article and that’s the reason why the picture can’t load.

Sorry I was to fast writing to you.

Thank you😊
    Bo Folkmann

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.