CDN plugin to make my site fast

Hi

I saw your recent article about the possibilities to make my website faster.
https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/top-cdn-services-to-make-your-wordpress-site-blazingly-fast/

I want to use amazon s3, we have already set up an account there, but to find the way to connect the images and videos placed on amazon s3, how to do it?

wordress does not allow in its standard version to simply paste alink from amazon to show the image on my website.

I tried the plugins existing out there, but they do not help.

Can you help, wat should I do?

here is a link to the website
http://www.mmevelo.com

Thanks, Martyna

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Martyna!

The best integration between Amazon's CDN and WP that I know of is W3 Total Cache. Even if you don't need it to optimize your site in other ways, it does come with a fairly simple tool for adding files to your CDN, and managing them once they're there.

A few hints, as a former Amazon CDN user:
    1. Make sure you have hotlinking protection in place. Since you pay per use for your CDN, a hotlinked image can end up costing you a lot of money you get no benefit from.
    2. Try to optimize your images before you upload them to the CDN. Use a photo editor to reduce image dimensions and file sizes, saving a few MB here and there can make a huge difference in your monthly costs.

Hope this helps!

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Martyna!

There are a few options for CDNs,but the differences between them are pretty slight. They can all be expensive, if you're not careful and attentive about your storage. It's certainly not an install-it-and-forget it option, regardless of which provider you choose. CDNs are great if you've got the time to manage them and watch your traffic, but they're not the best option for more hands-off webmasters.

These are the questions I'd ask a client (back when I did freelance) who was considering a CDN:
    1. Do you have high traffic? (as in more than 10k views per day)
    2. Is your audience spread out across the globe?
    3. Have you tried other methods to optimize your site first?

If the answer to more than one of these is "no" than a CDN may be more than you need right now. You may want to try other ways of optimizing your site first, before you move to a CDN.

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.