Center Text within message box

Hello,

I would like to center the text within the box...any suggestions?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings adecor :slight_smile:

you may want to try the html centering code and see if that makes a difference.

If you do not know the coding it is - before the sentence you want to center:

<center>

including the brackets, and at the end of the sentence or paragraph:

</center>

Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings adecor :slight_smile:

First I would suggest then if it is not already to make sure there are no spaces between the paragraph and the <center></center> statements i.e. <center>statement</center>

if you have something like:
    <center>
    statement
    </center>

This will add rows for the center statements.

but <center>statement</center> does not.

Let me know if this does not help but please include the whole statement including the center commands so that I may see what we are up against :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Adam :slight_smile:

sorry to report that I have no solution for this problem other then possibly reducing the font in css which would turn around and make the writing smaller which is probably NOT the option you are looking for to fix this ..... hopefully one of the WPMU Dev coders will see the problem and possibly think of a fix :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi Adam,

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner... this is actually quite an easy fix. The problem is that the containing div and the <p> tag within both have margins and/or padding defined. You need to compensate for that in either of 2 ways:

1. In your css file, search for
    div.updated p, div.error p
    Set margin and padding to zero, or whatever value you prefer and add
    text-align:center;
    Note that this will also affect some other containers in your admin area that use the same tag, like the "New WPMU DEV Release" notices.

Or 2. Wrap the text of the tips you want centered in the following:
    <div class="my-tip">Your tip here</div>
    In your css, add the following:
    .my-tip {text-align:center;margin:-15px 0;}
    Adjust the margin to taste.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!
    Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• Adam
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks PCWriter for the suggestions....sorry for the late reply.

I ended up going to wp-admin-> colors-fresh.css and added "text-align:center;" to "div.updated,.login .message" section. It's all good now...thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.