Center thumbnails as browser window is made narrower.

I’m using NextGen to create this thumbnail gallery. To make it’s “responsiveness” look better I’d like to have the thumbnail gallery align in the center, right now it’s set to float: left;

I tried adding:

margin-right: auto;

margin-left: auto;

to this:

.ngg-galleryoverview {

overflow: hidden;

margin-top: 10px;

width: 100%;

clear: both;

display: block !important;

}

But since I really don’t know what I’m doing that didn’t work. Hope someone can help. Thanks! Chris

http://site02.profoliolive.com/cropped-thumbnails/

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@chris Borgman

Sorry for the slight delay here, in your original question you didn’t mention that you wanted a single vertical column of images. To do this you would have to modify the code of the plugin, css won’t be able to handle that alone. I suggest contacting the plugin author for this. Sorry i had a good look round the nextgen support pages and a few people have asked the same question and got not no reply. Whilst we’d love to help out on third party plugins we don’t have the time and resources to offer custom coding on them.

Cheers

• Chris Borgman
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

No, I do NOT want a single vertical column, that’s why float: none; did not work.

Do I get points for figuring out my own problem??? LOL The solution is media queries. Not hard just took some time. Now everything looks good and centered on all devices.

Hopefully someone else with the same problem will see this post.

@media (max-width: 1209px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 115px; }

}

@media (max-width: 1170px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 90px; }

}

@media (max-width: 1140px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 80px; }

}

@media (max-width: 1120px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 70px; }

}

@media (max-width: 1090px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 60px; }

}

@media (max-width: 1070px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 50px; }

}

@media (max-width: 1050px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 40px; }

}

@media (max-width: 1030px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 25px; }

}

@media (max-width: 1010px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 20px; }

}

@media (max-width: 990px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 10px; }

}

@media (max-width: 975px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 120px; }

}

@media (max-width: 900px) {

}

@media (max-width: 860px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 60px; }

}

@media (max-width: 830px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 40px; }

}

@media (max-width: 800px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 15px; }

}

@media (max-width: 760px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 0px; }

}

@media (max-width: 741px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 110px; }

}

@media (max-width: 660px) {

}

@media (max-width: 620px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 25px; }

}

@media (max-width: 507px) {

.ngg-galleryoverview { padding-left: 20px; }

}

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@chris Borgman

Do I get points for figuring out my own problem??? LOL The solution is media queries. Not hard just took some time. Now everything looks good and centered on all devices.

Nope lol, to be honest marking a wpmu dev support staff down because we didn’t supply a solution for someone elses plugin, and custom css for it also is a LOL for me. I can understand you frustration, but why not go to the plugin developer? We offer general wordpress and buddypress support and helping people code their own pages with custom modifications is something we do as an extra when we have the time.

Cheers

• Chris Borgman

I do have high expectations for the WPMU DEV plugins and of course expect support for those, but it is a little disappointing when I was over promised and then, so far, under-delivered. Although, it’s only been 2 questions… but really important questions for me to accomplish my goal.

When joining I really thought I would get unlimited live and manual support for *any* wordpress issue and it was gonna be like having my own personal WordPress development team.

Am I wrong to think this? Also, wondering why no one else offered a solution…??? Is this a forum where anyone can answer or more like a support ticket that gets routed to only one person?

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@chris Borgman

Sorry if i came off a bit flippant, not my normal style. We do our best to support third party plugins and custom coding them, but obviously our priorities lay with our own products. What led to the confusion on this thread was the way you worded one sentence and the way i read it.

no change or made the thumbnails a single column.

I read it in error no change or made them a sigle column as in niether happened so that’s what i thought you were aiming at.

We understand a lot of third party plugins don’t have the support and development team we do, but in all honesty can you imagine the work it would take to support those as well.

Each time we get a request in like yours it means creating a test site, sometimes only using a lite version of a 3rd party plugin, we may not have access to a premium theme that could also be potentially the issue.

So yes we do offer support on all WP related bit n pieces but in all honesty we can’t cover all bases.

With regards to the way tickets are handled, one member of staff normally handles each thread unless they ask for help from another or a developer. Any member of the community can also jump in at any time. Just remember another key aspect in response times, we aren’t based in one office, each one of the support staff is actually in a different country or continent in some cases, so the time between a post and a reply can vary.

Anyway hope this clears up a few of your concerns and issues.

Cheers

• Chris Borgman

Just revisited you comment…

I have to say with all honesty and due respect, much of what you said was absolute bullshit. Let me repeat, Bulltshit. Not saying it’s your fault, I have no idea your position in the company or what you are allowed to say and do.

Before I joined it was advertised: Live support for *any* WordPress issue AND “It’s like having your own personal WordPress dev team.” Please see attached screenshot.

Was I lied to? False advertisment? So far, support with all my issues have gone unresolved.

You said:

“Each time we get a request in like yours it means creating a test site, sometimes only using a lite version of a 3rd party plugin, we may not have access to a premium theme that could also be potentially the issue.”

Sure, I understand, but in a SITUATION LIKE MINE I was asking about a plugin that’s probably the MOST popular plugin in WP history with 5-7 MILLION downloads. If WPMUDEV staff s acting as support and doesn’t have this plugin installed or understand how it’s used then DO NOT ADVERTISE – JOINING IS LIKE HAVING YOUR OWN PERSONAL DEV TEAM. What good is a dev team that can’t offer support on a plugin with over 5 million downloads!!!????

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.