Centralize ALL settings for custompress?

Simple quick YES/NO question:

Is there something REAL EASY I could do to manage ALL custompress settings centrally? (Including "which post types appear on each type of post-list page?")

If not, consider it a feature request.

• dschulzjackson

Sorry. When I said "centrally", I meant "NETWORK-CENTRALLY". My bad.

When I said "Real Easy", I meant "Without Code Hacks".

I'd want the below settings to optionally be able to appear in Network Admin instead of site admin.

I want all my custom types to appear consistently accross the network, and I don't like leaving things that site owners can screw up.

So in the meanwhile I'll probably just have to hardcode the settings (I still have to learn how to do that) and hide the menu from site admins.

Here are the settings that it would be nice to Network-Admin-ify.

Post Types

On "Blog / Home" page, display these post types:	 post
     page
     attachment
     partner_church
     community
     staff_member
     sponsor
     ministry
    Check the custom post types you want to display on the "Blog / Home" page. 

If "default" is checked the list above will be disabled and only default post_types will display.
    On "Front" page, display these post types:	 post
     page
     attachment
     partner_church
     community
     staff_member
     sponsor
     ministry
    Check the custom post types you want to display on the "Front" static page. 

If "default" is checked the list above will be disabled and only default post_types will display.
    On "Archive" pages, display these post types:	 post
     page
     attachment
     partner_church
     community
     staff_member
     sponsor
     ministry
    Check the custom post types you want to display on the "Archive" page. 

On "Search" pages, display these post types:	 post
     page
     attachment
     partner_church
     community
     staff_member
     sponsor
     ministry
    Check the custom post types you want to display on the "Search" page. 

It would also be good to optionally (but as a separate option) move the date-picker theme to Network Admin, because sometimes you want lots of aesthetic uniformity across sites (when there's an overarching brand, for example).

• dschulzjackson

Rignt. I already know that CONTENT TYPES can be controlled globally.

However, THE SETTINGS FOR WHERE EACH CONTENT TYPE APPEARS ON THE SITE'S FRONTEND (the giant pile of settings I pasted above) is not controlled globally, but only locally.

It would be nice of settings for WHERE EACH CONTENT TYPE APPEARS could be set globally just like the settings for WHAT CONTENT TYPES THERE ARE.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.