Certain plugins aren't udpate

Hi, I'm having troubles with some of my plugins not updating automatically. maloneconsultantsgroup.com has 3 plugins (Jetpack, MailChimp for WordPress and ManageWP) that consistently fail to update. Additionally, the GravityForms MailChimp Add-On seems to not update consistently either. Can you give me any more information why certain sites or plugins don't seem to update and what I can do to keep the up to date?

Thanks,

Collin Condray

Director of Technology

BlueZooCreative.com

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Blue Zoo !

Hope you are having a great day!

I’m sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. This is very odd and unexpected indeed.

I took a closer look at the Automate logs as a part of our investigation and was able to find the following errors in case of the last failed updates:

Available plugin updates: 10 (119, 167, 1081721, 1081723, jetpack/jetpack.php, mailchimp-for-wp/mailchimp-for-wp.php, worker/init.php, redirection/redirection.php, wpforms-lite/wpforms.php, wp-mail-smtp/wp_mail_smtp.php)
    Available theme updates: 0 ()
    Updating: 119
    Update error: UPG.09 - Could not copy file. wpmudev-updates/lib/PHPSecLib/Crypt/RSA.php
    array (
    0 => 'Downloading update from https://premium.wpmudev.org/api/dashboard/v2/download/119/4*********************************0b91d3…',
    1 => 'Unpacking the update…',
    2 => 'Could not copy file. wpmudev-updates/lib/PHPSecLib/Crypt/RSA.php',
    )
    Updating: 167
    Update error: UPG.09 - Could not copy file. wpmu-dev-seo/index.php
    array (
    0 => 'Downloading update from https://premium.wpmudev.org/api/dashboard/v2/download/167/4*********************************0b91d3…',
    2 => 'Could not copy file. wpmu-dev-seo/index.php',
    )
    Updating: 1081721
    Update error: UPG.09 - Could not copy file. wp-hummingbird/admin/class-performance-page.php
    array (
    0 => 'Downloading update from https://premium.wpmudev.org/api/dashboard/v2/download/1081721/4*********************************0b91d3…',
    2 => 'Could not copy file. wp-hummingbird/admin/class-performance-page.php',
    )
    Disabled Hummingbird (1081721) plugin updates due to 3 consecutive update errors
    Reached maximum errors allowed, aborting any remaining updates

In the above case, it seems WordPress for some reason failed to apply the downloaded update due to a “Could not copy file” error. This error message usually shows up due to incorrect file permissions in the server where files cannot be written on.

However, I can see that there are no updates remaining at the moment, as some plugins were updated manually and Automate was able to update others as well, which is why I’m not exactly sure if Automate failed last time due to incorrect file permissions because if that was the case, it wouldn’t be possible to update them manually as well.

It could be a temporary issue as I don’t see a lot of update errors in the logs. As all the plugins and themes are up-to-date now, if in case you see the same issue over again, could you please possibly not manually update them instantly but rather let us know here so that we could take a real-time closer look? Additionally, could you also send us temporary credentials to your WordPress admin and file system credentials (cPanel/FTP) which would help us with the investigation? You can send that privately through our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: “Attn: Nahid Mohit

– WordPress Admin Username

– WordPress Admin Password

– Login URL

– FTP/cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant URLs

Hope this helps. We’ll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.