Chain Payments: Unclear how a network of MarketPress shops can shop without a global cart?

MarketPress Network of shops using Pro3 theme floating cart, and chain payments.

Not sure how MP shopping cart (floating cart) works. I may have misunderstood its function for chain payments.

I deselect global shopping cart to use chain payments. (I cannot use global cart and parallel payments with chain payments still, correct?) I can no longer track my network shopping spree, and I lose track of what shop I shopped in!

Can you clarify for me how this will work for shoppers in a network?

As a shopper, I have to go in to the shop to see what items/subtotals I have in my floating cart. How do I keep track of what shop I visited, or what the grand total is? I could get lost fast!

I would like a global cart functioning in a network of shops with my shopping cart info in all the time, to track the shop and their items/subtotals for me, no matter where I am in the network. Then let me choose which shop/items to go ahead with at store checkout time.

I would like to add my payment and shipping data in once, and have that entered into each shops store-checkout table, then follow through with each one at a time to fulfil chain payment requirements.

(I received credentials for chain payments, but getting ready to test, I noticed there was an additional $35 monthly charge to process credit cards – is this correct?)

Thank you.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @MoniQ,

Thank you for your question.

I think you are talking about MP shopping cart (floating cart) plugin from http://www.marketpressthemes.com/

If it so then you will get support for this plugin on the following forum.

http://www.marketpressthemes.com/forum/mp-floating-cart/

Global cart only supports the PayPal Express checkout at this time, so unfortunately you can’t combine both of these features.

(I received credentials for chain payments, but getting ready to test, I noticed there was an additional $35 monthly charge to process credit cards – is this correct?)

The same question has been answered on the following thread, please reply on that thread if you have more question.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/for-marketpress-can-paypal-chained-payments-use-new-rest-apis

Kind Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

Re Global type shopping cart for Chained payments..

They are “working on it..” :slight_smile:

We all live in hope.. But yes you are correct currently there is no TRUE global shopping experience using Chained/Adaptive payments

The user has to shop individually at each store

which as you quite rightly point out is NOT a global experience..

It won’t/can’t be a single cart but a way to gather and have all purchases together and not have to go back and forth and buy, buy, buy, hope I remember where I liked the last thing and buy experience..

Please feel free to add a note or input to this rather long thread.. It is still not clear if this is being implemented for MP3 but without it as above your global shopping is actually lots of individual stores with individual purchases.. As with requests, when folks don’t add to you can get lost in the “only one person asked for it” issue

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/if-marketpress-global-cart-doesnt-work-w-paypal-chained-payments-is-there-any-way-to-have-a-cart-travel-with-the-user-throughout-the-network-o#post-571896

was an additional $35 monthly charge to process credit cards

Its my understanding this PAYPAL (ie not plugin or WPMUDev related) fee relates only to those choosing to user their own gateway.. ie to take and store cc details on your own site ie if you are using PP chained payements through dual PP accounts, I have not seen a notice of this fee for our sites..

Can you please paste a copy of wording..

kind regards

Bea..

• MoniQ
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@vinod, thanks. I checked in with Nathan already. Pro3 floating cart works alongside MP shopping cart. I am under the impression if functionality is going to change, it will have to start with the WPMUDev MarketPress team.

@be thanks a million. I cannot bring up the forum posting!! I want to +1 very much in feature requests! It is well articulated. We want a “network travelling” option for our shopping cart that tracks a shopping spree! We don’t need to change to a MarketPress global shopping cart and lose out on our sales commissions – we just want a better shopping experience for our shoppers!

@nathan has a nice floating cart at Marketpressthemes.com. I use Pro3. In theme options I can turn on the floating cart, a floating global shop-menu (subsite list) – and I would love to select a “Travelling Cart” option! Again, if I deselect the MarketPress global shopping cart, the floating cart which is based on the MP shopping cart, will only work “per shop”. This leaves a high risk of shoppers losing their carts, shops, items and subtotals, let alone a total!

+1 +1 +1 https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/if-marketpress-global-cart-doesnt-work-w-paypal-chained-payments-is-there-any-way-to-have-a-cart-travel-with-the-user-throughout-the-network-o#post-571896

Could it work something like this…

Shoppers use a travelling/floating-cart to track each independent checkout-table:

shop1, items, subtotal (links back to shop)

shop2, items, subtotal (links back to shop)

shop3, items, subtotal (links back to shop)

Running total

Then shopper enters payment/shipping details once > details enter into each checkout-table above.

Shopper can still remove items up until they “ok” final checkout.

Shopper “sends” each checkout, one by one until all complete.

Cheers!

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey All,

Yes – one of our priority goals for MP 3 is more of an Etsy-styled checkout. We haven’t worked out exactly how it’s going to work as currently there are only a couple of gateways that support chained/adaptive payments (Stripe & PayPal). We’re really hoping to be able to develop a way that will allow other gateways to take advantage of the global cart functionality too. :slight_smile:

• MoniQ

@vinod, I think I am clear.

@jonathan, there is a travelling cart feature being added into MarketPress for chain payment networks who would like to improve the store checkout experience for consumer global shopping sprees. It sounds great. How will it work?

Not sure what you mean by trying to benefit other gateways though. Those of us who deselect the global shopping cart are chain payment clients, and as far as I know, the ones who are not benefiting from a travelling shopping cart experience.

Can you tell me when MP3 will be released so I can relay this to potential shop merchants and consumers, as this will have a huge positive impact on service :slight_smile:

Very exciting, thanks.

• MoniQ

@jonathan, I was wondering if MP3 version might pull in all MarketPress dashboard widget data into one. Right now I believe has data that would be very handy in the Store Stats widget, and would give me the option to hide the additional right now widget info from shop merchants.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @MoniQ,

Can you tell me when MP3 will be released so I can relay this to potential shop merchants and consumers, as this will have a huge positive impact on service :slight_smile:

This feature may be added in future version of plugin but We don’t publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed(which in plugin development quite a frequent occurrence!).

I have notified the plugin developer to answer your other questions and he will reply on this thread.

Cheers,

Vinod Dalvi

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @MoniQ,

With the traveling cart, items that are added to the cart will be grouped/separated by vendor. The user will then checkout for each vendor and after payment the items will be marked as paid and they will continue onto the next vendor. And you will collect a commission will be collected on each purchase.

As far as the widget, that’s something we can definitely consider as a feature request. I’ll make sure to mark it internally. :slight_smile:

• MoniQ

@jonathan, thanks for adding my dashboard widget suggestion into the MP3 to-do list. It seemed easy enough to add the “Right Now” MP data into “Store Stats” dashboard widget, but as a php beginner, I was unable to make it work.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @MoniQ,

Just looking back at some previous version logs and it looks like at one point the “Right Now” data within the “Store Stats” dashboard widget, but we moved it outside. So not sure if this will make into development. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.