Chained Payments with Global Cart

Hi there,

I have installed Marketpress on a multi site installation. All seems ok at the moment. The only issue I have is that it seems I can only take a percentage of sales if I have paypal chained payments activated and this will then not allow me to have a global cart.

Surley this is vital to have a shared global cart for this sort of ‘marketplace’ like etsy or amazon. Has anyone figured out a work around as this is a bit of a problem for what I want to do.

The only other thing I can think of is for me to invoice people for commission on a monthly basis but will I get to see the value of sales each store receives on the network? I am happy to work this way around but would be amazing if it all happened automatically…

Surely someone has achieved this using Marketpress?

Thanks so much in advance :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings thekeepsakeco,

Thank you for bringing this significant issue to our attention.

The only issue I have is that it seems I can only take a percentage of sales if I have paypal chained payments activated and this will then not allow me to have a global cart.

Unfortunately this specific issue is very well known and unfortunately unresolvable at this time due to the way the PayPal payment API’s work to perform each option – therefore you are absolutely correct that they cannot work together in this manner.

I will leave this ticket open to see if anyone else has been able to overcome this. It would be big if so – I can assure you.

Hopefully we will get a hit.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings thekeepsakeco,

Thank you for the great question and certainly there is a way, just log into the dashboard of the store you are interested in knowing about.

Looking through the sub sites can easily be performed form the network admin dashboard.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.