Challenge: site migration goes wrong...

Hi there,
The thing I did succesfully before, does not work this time, and it's driving me nuts (after spending the whole weekend until now to get ik working....).
I recently moved a WP multisite on subdomains to a new host: downloading files, dumping db, and uploaded en imported on the new hosts servers. A bit of finetuning in the domainmapping and all was OK.
Now I do exactly the same with another site, from the same old host to the same new one.
The mainsite is OK, but the network-admin and the subsite are not visible.
All adjustments to wp-config.php lead to a 500 error message. I can backup and delete the MS tables and the make a network, but then my custom posts from CustomPress (configured networkwide, so settings not available on the mainsite) are gone.
All my tricks don't work.

Who can give his or her insights on this??

Thanks in advance!

• Sajid

Hello Ronald,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

That is strange indeed. 500 internal server is most mysterious error in web development. The first thing I can think of is there might be some issues with any plugin, theme or script file.

We can track it down by setting WP_DEBUG flag to true in wp-config.php file. It will display any error message that may cause this.

If nothing come up, then rename plugins folder to soft deactivate plugins temporarily and then check again. If it works then enable one by one by moving each into plugins folder.

Still no luck, then do the same with themes and mu-plugins folder.

If all above fails, then send in FTP and WordPress admin details directly via our contact form in following format so I could take a closer look.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello Ronald,

Thanks for sending in FTP and WordPress admin details. However, the main site dashboard is working fine for me using the WordPress user credentials.

But when I try to access Network Dashboard, it gives me following error message:
    Je hebt geen toestemming om deze pagina te bekijken.

That most likely occurs when a user with non superadmin privileges try to access this page, so nothing unusual.

So that means you have created a new admin user account for me that does not have proper permissions to access that section. Please make sure I have super admin access to view that white screen.

Or if that is the actual problem that you are getting too then you have to make sure you have super admin privileges to access this page.

Please advice so we can move forward.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello Ronald,

That is strange. Could you please give me access of the source site from where you have the taken the backup from ?

You can send in the details of that site using our contact form in following format.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference

I would have to take a look at the backup archive and try to figure out what's going wrong there.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support