Change Authorized User for Plugins

Greetings -

As you can see, I have 2 plugins on this ste - WP Smush Pro and the Dashboard.

I originally installed these under the Account owner of User Susan. Since then, I have created a user, PaulT2! which is me.

When logged in as PaulT2!, the updates are not possible - I think this is because the user Susan installed them.

Is there a way to change the 'owner' of the plugins to me?

Thanks for any assistance.

Be Well.
Paul.

• Milan

Hello PTaubman

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Its quite billing related question and as our Billing department has more information about account related things than us here, I'd suggest you to contact them.

You can contact them for your this query directly through our secure contact form here,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Please go there, chose I've billing related question from the dropdown and send your this query in. Very soon you get prompt from our billing staff. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Paul,

Under WPMU DEV Dashboard panel do you still use the old account or you have connected the new one already?
    If you connected new one and still can't update than reinstalling them could be a next step to take.

Milan was referring to accounting department but it looks like he expressed himself wrong so I understand your confusion :slight_smile:
    If reinstalling plugins doesn't work you can follow steps Milan explained above in order to contact our Account and Billing department, they have more insight about the status of your account and should be able to give you more info about this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello PTaubman,

I hope you're having a wonderful day!

I re-read the thread and I think we may not be on the same side here. Therefore I'd like to make sure whether by "Account" you are referring to the "WPMU DEV account" (a WPMU DEV membership) or to the WordPress user account on your site.

If it's about WPMU DEV membership than please follow Predrag's and Milan's advice and it should help.

If this however is about just a WordPress user account of your site, read below please.

The WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin is by default available only for this admin (or super-admin in case of Multisite) role account that's been used to install it. This is for security reasons, mostly to make sure that no unauthorized person would gain access to your WPMU DEV account.

If you don't have access to the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on your site because you are using a different admin-role account the simplest way is - like my colleague Predrag explained - to simply disable the plugin and then enable it again from that account.

Then you can add additional admins that will also be able to use it. To do so, please go (after regaining access to the plugin) to "WPMU DEV -> Manage" page and use "Permissions" section to add additional admin-role accounts.

In this case re-installing plugin wouldn't be necessary then. And yes, it applies to the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin only, there's no need to do anything with other plugins as as you regain access to WPMU DEV Dashboard you'll also be able to install/update other plugins as well.

Best regards,
    Adam

• PTaubman

Thanks for all assistance and sorry for any misunderstanding.

Here is the issue and the resolution:
    I installed WPMU Dev Dashboard plugin using the WordPress user account of the website owner. I logged in as her using her credentials. Since that was installed, I created my own WP User Account on the site which would not allow me to update for the obvious reasons.

I deactivated and deleted the WPMU Dev Dashboard plugin and reinstalled it under MY WorddPress user account on the website and everything is just as I wanted.

My original thought when I posted the question was perhaps to get a solution of perhaps an SQL UPDATE statement to indicate my new WordPress user is the correct 'owner' of the WPMU Dev account.

Again, thanks for the assistance with this.

Paul.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.