Change colour of homepage tiers

Is there any way to change the colour of the homepage tiers? It’s default set to a light shade of grey but would like the whole homepage to be white apart from the header.

Can’t find it within the theme editor…

Kind regards

Ben

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ben,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I found that the grey background color #ECECEC is being set in several different places within the theme files in which I have attached a graphic of the paths to those files below.

Which one specifically to modify is dependent upon the color layout you have chosen in the preset styles of the theme located at — Appearance –> Preset Style which can be compared to the css files shown below in the included graphic.

The background can be changed by adding the following statement to the style.css file located in the child theme folder _inc –>css which insures that the change will not be lost in the event of a theme update.

with the following settings:

body{color##ffffff;background:#ffffff;}

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• themarketingcompass
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

HI Joe, thanks for this…apologies for not coming back within two weeks!

I currently don’t see a child theme version of the Studio theme within the editor.

How would you setup a child theme of Studio and would this affect anything within the current them settings?

• themarketingcompass
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe, I just updated the Studio theme and the grey bar behind the navigation menu is back! I’ve forgotten how I got rid of it last time, could you take a look at http://www.marketingcompass.co.uk

I remembered to comment ‘false’ on the login panel, but can’t remember what coed to put where for the grey strip mentioned above.

Would be ideal to place something in the studio child stylesheet to prevent this from happening in the next theme update!

Ben

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ben,

Thank you for the additional feedback and sorry to hear that the grey has returned.

Before we go chasing the grey again so to speak Ben, I think we want to get you setup in the proper Parent/Child relationship so that every time you update your theme our setting are not wiped out.

Please reference:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/front-page-blogs-picture-and-text-not-visible-only-subject-is-visible#post-217131

Once you have configured the theme this way enabling just the child we can deal with the css by copying it to the child and making the adjustments there.

My screen shot above:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/change-colour-of-homepage-tiers#post-182950

Shows the locations of the grey color codes.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven’t heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any way.

Please feel free to mark this is “Not resolved” in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers!

Tom

Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.